32

Reagan walked down the halls to clear her head until she hears hissing around the corner. Then, she hears Ethan's voice.

"Look, I'm no hunter, but some of my best friends are vampires. Reagan? Erica? Rory?"

"Wait, Rory's your friend? And you admit it?" One vampire chuckles. "Dude, that's just messed up." He and the other vampire laughs until Reagan came into view beside Ethan.

"Do we have a problem here?" Reagan asks, her eyes glowing a deep red and flashing her fangs. "The Council knows that your buddy here is in on the recent attacks. And they want to see him suffer in person! They would also like to see you. They want to check the powerful vampire/witch out themselves."

Reagan hisses at them as they took a step forward and Ethan grabs a wooden pencil out from his front pocket, holding it out in front of him. The girl beside him scoffs at his lame attempt to protect himself. Definitely not a hunter. 

"Stand back! I don't hunt vampires, but I have staked in self-defense." The two vampire's faces turn into an unreadable expression as they stare behind them. "Oh yeah. This is a number two pencil. Know what that means? Or should I draw you a picture?"

Reagan turns her head to the side and saw a green mist floating towards them. "Ethan, that's not what they're staring at." Ethan furrows his eyebrow at his best friend before turning around to see the green mist as well. 

The female vampire quickly grabs Ethan and pulls him back to the lockers along with her. They watch as the green mist enters into one of the vampire's body, their eyes glowing green before attacking his vampire buddy beside him. 

The two attacked each other as they pinned one another to the lockers before knocking to the ground, the green mist exiting their body. The mist stayed for a bit, slowly making its way to Reagan before it suddenly stopped, then disappeared into the vents.

"Looks like I'm not the only one with anger issues." Sarah's voice was heard from behind them.

The two best friends turn around, glancing at each other before shouting, "I didn't do it!"

*

"Why are they so steamed at Ethan?" Benny questions.

Reagan sighs. "They think he's after them. First, two vampires were attacked in his backyard. Then, two tried to pick him up and they were taken out too."

"I'm really worried about him," Sarah says.

"Me too." Benny nods before adding. "I promised them I'd hand Ethan over so they wouldn't end me."

The two female vampire's jaw dropped.

"But he didn't do anything!" They shout at the boy. Sarah looks over at Reagan. "You both said they were attacked by a smelly green mist?" Reagan nods.

"Smelly green mist? Did Ethan's mom make tacos again?" Rory questions as he butts into their conversation. "By the way, is he here? The Council wants us to 'bring him to justice', wherever that is."

"It's true, there is a green mist. Reagan and I saw it." Ethan's voice was heard beside them. "That's Ethan, but I don't see him," Sarah says, looking around.

"I'm right here."

Reagan turns to Benny. "An invisibility spell has gone wrong?" Benny scoffs. "I was just about to ask you that." Reagan mockingly chuckles at the boy before looking at the locker. She walks up to it before punching it with her fist. 

"Ow! Yes, I'm in the locker." Ethan says. "If the vamps come for me at school, at least I've got backup. I need to prove I'm innocent, but the halls are full of fangs."