16

The next day at school, Reagan was at her locker putting away her books from her previous classes. She stops as she looks at her decorated locker filled with photos of her, Ethan, and Benny when they were little; she, Sarah, and Erica dressed in their cheerleading uniforms and a photo of her and Rory that was taken yesterday at a cafe. 

She looks back at the photo of her and Benny when they were in grade five. Her mother forced the two to take a photo, Benny had his arm wrapped around Reagan's shoulder, hers wrapped around Benny's torso. They both had bright smiles on their faces as they looked into the camera. 

As she looks at it, she thinks about how time was much simpler before everything happened. And by everything, she means her mother's death, her abandoning her friends, the supernatural world, her becoming a vampire, and her returned feelings for a certain Weir boy. Would telling him how she felt be worth it? Would he even feel the same? What if he didn't and lost their friendship over it? 

Then, she thought about yesterday. Her little 'tiff' with Ethan. She may have been exaggerating about the whole vampire vs werewolf situation. Maybe Ethan did want to protect Rory from David, but what did that mean for her? They didn't try to keep her away from David if he was a werewolf. She just didn't know if that meant they didn't care about what happened to her or if they believe she's strong enough to handle herself. 

"Reagan." 

The girl jumps as she turns around to be met with Sarah. "I've been calling your name for a while now." Sarah looks down at the photo in Reagan's hand. "Is everything okay?"

Reagan nods as she places the photo back on her locker. "Yeah. Just thinking, that's all. What's up?"

"Trying to get away from David. So take me anywhere but around here." Sarah begs.

Reagan laughs before dragging Sarah to the student lounge where Benny and Ethan were. They greet the two girls as they walk up to them.

"Your pal David is a real charmer," Sarah tells the boys.

"Well, he is your guys' ancestral enemy." Ethan scoffs at them. 

They look at the boy confused. Reagan crosses her arms. "Or maybe he's just a jerk."

"Little Ms. Neck-Bitters having trouble believing in werewolves?" Ethan asks, stepping closer to the two. Benny holds his friend back when he saw how angry Reagan was getting. Yesterday's fight was not making this situation better.

"What's gotten into you?" Benny whispers to Ethan. Who are the ancestral enemies now, huh?"

"What'd you call us?" Sarah questions.

Ethan scoffs. "Whatever. Don't get your fangs in a twist."

Benny quickly stands in front of the three as he saw Reagan take a step forward, her eyes flashing gold for a moment. "So, um... moving on..." He starts to explain about the symbol. "That symbol you saw, I looked it up last night. And get this. It's a reversal cure."

Sarah quickly pipes up. "A cure?! Does it work for other curses, like... a vampire curse?"

"Why? Soccer team have a strict 'no bloodsucker' policy?" Ethan questions. 

"You need to choose your next words carefully, Ethan. And I mean it." Reagan warns. She was not going to let him treat her and Sarah this way. 

"It might work on other curses," Benny explains, holding Ethan back more. "I think David's trying to find it before the full tonight."

"We're ditching class. You are helping me find this cure now." Sarah grabs Benny's arm, then looks at Reagan. "You are coming with us. And we..." She glares at Ethan. "We are not done."