12

Ethan and Benny were talking about their practice from yesterday during lunch. "I never knew cheer routines could be so tricky," Benny says as he and Ethan receive their lunch. "And am I rotating my hips too late before I pop and lock?"

"You know, I didn't want to throw you off, but you have to rotate from the core. See this?" Ethan starts to demonstrate before realizing what he was doing. "What am I saying?"

"Wassup, my main men!" They heard Rory's voice. He walks up to them, wearing their high school mascot uniform.

"Rory, you're the mascot?" Ethan asks.

Rory nods. "Of course! Best way to hang with all the hot cheerleading chicks. And there's this one blonde hottie McLovely. Name's Betty. So into me!"

"Yeah, I doubt that dude," Benny tells him. He really didn't want Rory fawning over him.

"What about Veronica?" Ethan questions.

"She's okay," Rory responds.

Ethan stares at him. "Just okay?"

"Her legs are kinda bandy." Benny laughs at Rory's response. "But Betty, I just wanna sink my fangs--" His fangs pop out.

"Yeah, we get it." Benny quickly stops him.

The cheerleaders enter the cafeteria, Stephanie leading them. She didn't care about the rest of the students as she cut through the line. Reagan and Sarah were behind a few other cheerleaders with Erica.

"Liver sandwiches? Seriously? That's gross." Stephanie says to the lunch lady. 

"I know what I'd like for lunch," Erica mutters, revealing her fangs. Reagan nudges her arm while Sarah gave her a look.

"You know, these kids were here first." The lunch lady says. "Every day, you come in here and they--" She gasps as her fingers were smashed in the register. 

"You should be more careful." Stephanie mocks before turning to the rest of the cheerleaders. "Come on, girls. We've got things to do." As the cheerleaders walk away, Erica angrily hisses at Stephanie.

Reagan and Sarah make their way past the boys. "Ugh! Hanging out with those girls makes me want to stake myself through the heart." Sarah complains to the boys before she and Reagan were dragged away from Erica.

*

"The star is the most important position for the pep rally tomorrow," Stephanie explains as she holds up the arms of the girls who were formed in a circle. "It has to be perfect if we're going to get enough team spirit." She takes a deep breath. "Okay. I want to hear you shout."

"We're forces of nature. That's what makes the star. We may look like girls, but that's not all we are!"

"Spirit fingers!" The girls shout and cheer as they throw their hands in the air. Reagan groans once they put their hands down. She can't believe the boys convinced her to do this. "Let's hit the mall," Stephanie tells the other girls.

"I can't believe we signed up for this!" Sarah says as the other cheerleaders walked away.

"And you guys!" Reagan turns to the boys. "Why would you voluntarily?" The three female vampires notice how the boys were staring at the other cheerleaders. "Never mind."

"Where to next? Straight home?" Sarah questions.

"No, I think I'm gonna go grab a bite," Erica smirks as she walks over to the cheerleaders. Sarah and Reagan glance at each other before chasing after her.

*

"Benny, are you sure it's the cheers making you tingle?" Ethan asks Benny as they were at his house. "Maybe it was gas."