07

When Ethan pulled up to his house, he turns in his seat to his two friends. "Benny, we're gonna have your grandma come get you, okay? We got four minutes to save the world."

Benny mumbles an 'okay' before Ethan hops out of the car. Reagan does the same, looking at Benny one last time. She mentally groans before leaning down and placing a kiss on Benny's forehead. "You'll be okay."

Then, she turns around and chases after Ethan. As the two enter his backyard, he turns his head to Reagan. "I did like that tree."

"It's funny how they name streets after what they tore down to make them." Jesse's voice was heard from the distance before appearing from the shadows. "This used to be an orchard. It was one of my favorite spots until your idiot ancestors burned my flock alive."

"Well, their only mistake was not finishing the job." Ethan spat while Jesse chuckles.

"You made me miss my target. So, the rest of my flock will have to wait a little longer, that's fine. I still have enough Dusker souls here to resurrect about a dozen of the most powerful vampires that have ever lived." Jesse looks at Reagan. "More powerful than you even, Reagan." At the confused look on her face, he smiles. "You have no idea what's in store for you, do you? Why do you think I chose you?" He changes back to the main topic. "Your friends will have the honor of being their first-midnight snack." He looks between the two friends. "That magic one will be delicious."

Ethan and Reagan's eyes widen as they both thought about that certain person. Benny.

"Well, it's not too late. I'm gonna reunite you with your flock right now." Ethan pulls out a dagger. But it didn't work out as Jesse uses his powers to push Ethan and Reagan to the ground.

"It's funny. I knew your grandfather's grandfather. He was a loser, too." Jesse says to Ethan before looking at Reagan. "And I knew your grandfather's grandmother. She was very powerful, too."

In the background, a yell was heard. "Courage!" Jesse pushes him to the ground, ramming him into Ethan. "Oh, sorry, bud." The two boys sit up. Reagan didn't have the bother to scoff like she usually would. She couldn't stop thinking about what Jesse told her. Was she really that powerful? Or was he trying to distract her?

"The hour of rebirth has come! Brothers, sisters, arise!" Jesse cries out, holding up the nest of souls.

From the bushes, Sarah bounces onto Jesse. He quickly grabs her, slamming her against the tree. Reagan snarls as she watches Jesse tighten his grip around her friend's throat, her struggling against his grip. Anger rushed through her veins. Reagan wiggles as she tried to get out of Jesse's magic hold.

Jesse turns his head to see Reagan moving from the spot she was in. His eyes slightly widen as he saw her rip herself out of the magic hold, using her speed towards him. He quickly retaliated before grabbing her by the throat and slamming her against the tree.

Ethan looks down, noticing the fallen cubile animus on the ground. He quickly grabs it. "Hey! I've got your little friends in a box!"

"And I've got your babysitter and your best friend!" Jesse yells at the boys. As Benny talks about how Sarah isn't his babysitter, he looks at the moon. "Give me the cubile animus. The souls must be transferred now!" The boys look at each other, unsure of what to do. "Hand it over, or they both die!"

Benny looks over at Reagan, who was struggling. Reagan looks over to meet his eye. Both of their eyes held so much meaning to one another, but they both knew that they could never admit it.

"Don't do it, Eth!" Reagan yells as Sarah screams, "Ethan, don't!"

"Alnock, altrak, alnot gatram!" Two voices were heard from the window. Benny and Ethan look to see Ms. Weir and Jane by the window. A beam of lightning strikes Jesse in the chests, letting go of both Reagan and Sarah. Their feet hit the ground and they instantly run to the boys. Reagan buries her face in Benny's chest as he had a tight hold around her waist, the girl coughing from the tight grip on her throat.

"You can have the box, but not what's inside it. You wrecked their premiere, now you deal with them!" Ethan opens the box, the souls escaped and went through Jesse, causing him to disintegrate in a ball of light and disappeared.

"I can't believe you dated that guy." Benny breathes out.

*

The front door opens and the two girls quickly take a seat on the couch, wrapped in a blanket. Mr. and Mrs. Morgan enters the living room, greeting them.

"Hey, guys, have fun?" Reagan questions the couple.

"Yeah, it was--it was fun." Mr. Morgan says. "Except that--" He cut himself off as his wife holds up her right arm, revealing a cast.

"You know what they say about karma?" Mrs. Morgan questions before fake smiling. "How was your night? Any trouble?"

"Uhh--not much. It's was just..." Sarah shrugs. "Pretty dead."

Reagan smiles as she agrees.

*

"Faulty 3D glasses? How gullible are people enough to believe that?" Sarah questions as the four of them walk past the principal talking to the reporters.

"Well, these are Duskers that we are talking about." Reagan shrugs.

"Besides, the town is safe. Jesse reunited with his flock. It's all good, right?" He looks down at the Sullivan girl who was walking next to him. She looks up and smiles, then nods while the others agree.

"Wait, you're not still dying, are you?" Ethan asks Sarah. "I mean, your mortal body seems to be doing fine." Reagan and Benny raise an eyebrow at each other. Ethan stutters. "I-I... Reagan, are you feeling okay? You don't seem to be... dying."

Reagan chuckles. "I actually feel great. I haven't been craving blood, and when I do, it's a little dose."

"Well, Benny's grandma makes a mean blood substitute," Sarah says.

"That, and she found my spellbook," Benny adds.

The bell rings.

The four friends glance at each other before walking into the school.

It was the start of a new adventure.

*

The movie is officially over! Now onto the series.

I wonder how Benny and Reagan's relationship will play out...