17

"Reagan, you should tell him!" 

For the past twenty minutes on their way to school, Sarah has been trying to convince Reagan to admit her feelings to Benny.

"Look, Sarah, I don't want to talk about this anymore, okay? I can't risk our friendship if he didn't feel the same." Reagan says as she opens the doors to the school.

"But you need to tell him at some point. You can't keep up those bottled feelings. It's just going to hurt you more." Sarah tells her.

Reagan sighs. "I--" She stops when she smelt something irony through her nostrils. "Do you smell that?"

Sarah takes a whiff in the air, then slightly panics. "Blood. Why is there blood?"

Reagan looks around and her eyes stop on a sign that says 'Blood Drive Today'. She looks over at Sarah, who was breathing heavily. She knew that blood was difficult for her. "Okay, come on. I'll distract you with food and Benny talk." She leads Sarah over to the vending machine.

*

Leaving Sarah with her cravings, Erica texted Reagan to meet her when she saw a bunch of guys lined up to the health clinic. What's so special about getting blood drawn? She walks inside the room and scoffs at the sight. 

Two hot nurses.

She hears two familiar voices and she turns her head to see Ethan and Benny. Why am I not surprised? She walks over to them. "Do I want to know why you're getting your blood drawn? I thought this is your fear." She says to Ethan before looking at Benny. "And I thought you were scared of being cloned."

"Well, I could stand to lose a pint or two," Benny says as he drools over the blonde nurse. Reagan rolls her eyes. "What's up with Sarah?" He motions to the girl who just walked in with a large bag of chips.

Ethan walks over to her and Reagan turns back to Benny. "It's the smell. She's not handling the blood very well, and I've been trying to occupy her with junk food." She sighs when she saw the distraught look on her friend's face. "But I don't think it's going to work any longer."

Benny nods. "If anything bad happens, I am saving that one!" Benny points to the blonde nurse that he was drooling about earlier. "Called it."

"I'm going to check on Sarah." Reagan chases after Sarah as Ethan walks back to Benny, noticing the look on Reagan's face.

"What's up with her?" Ethan asks referring to Reagan.

*

Sarah was about to punch the vending machine when her fist was caught by Reagan. The girl offers the distraught vampire a smile when Erica came up behind them.

"You do realize that you can end your pain with one little sip, right?" Erica waves her cup full of blood in front of Sarah.

"That blood is meant to save lives, you know," Sarah tells her.

"Well, duh. Mission accomplished." She drinks from her cup, the blood staining her teeth. "See? No screaming?"

"Right. Until you get caught. We'll see who screams then." Sarah glares at the blonde until she rips open her chip bag in half.

Reagan sighs. "Come on, Sarah." She leads her friend away from Erica.

"I am strong enough to fight this craving," Sarah mutters.

"And that's why we are going to the cafeteria. Have your senses be filled with junk food." 

*

Reagan was walking down the hallway when Rory runs into her. "Oh, hey, Rory--"