03

"What is that stuff?" Reagan says annoyed as the Weir boy dropped his equipment for the fifth time on the sidewalk.

"Night vision cams and infrared," Benny responds. "You don't remember? You got me them."

Reagan's eyes softened as she stared at the equipment. A smile forms on her face as she saw the initials B + R on the side. She looks back up at Benny who was already smiling at her. Shaking off the feeling in her stomach, she turns back around and continues walking.

Benny clears his throat. "You can't possibly expect to be investigating the supernatural realm without the proper gear."

"Dude, just keep it on the down-low, okay. She already thinks I'm a perv." Ethan tells his best friend.

"Okay, you said that her reflection wasn't all there, right?" Benny asks. "Here's a thought; what if this is some publicity stunt for that stupid Dusk movie?" He spins around. "If this is a punk, I knew it all along!"

Reagan and Ethan quickly shush the boy as they walk into town.

*

"It's no hope. We lost her." Benny says. "Must... have... pizza."

"She's out here. I... I feel it." Ethan tells them.

Reagan furrows her eyebrows. "Feel it? Is it like a hormonal thing or...?"

Ethan ignores her question as they walk into an alleyway, where a lot of noise was coming from. They make their way over to the alley and Ethan shushes the two.

"There's something in the alley," Ethan whispers.

"Night vision engaged." Benny grabs his camera, looking through it. His eyes widen as he looked up and down from the camera.

"Benny?" Reagan looks at him worried. "Benny. What is it?"

Benny swallows a lump in his throat. "We should leave. We should leave right now." He barely got the words out.

Ethan gives him a look before snatching the camera out of Benny's hand, looking through the camera. When he saw what Benny did, the two boys let out a scream.

Through the darkness in the alley, Reagan can make out the image of Sarah with glowing eyes and fangs which made her terrifying. She was able to eat a rat before noticing she had been caught. She hisses at the three.

Ethan starts to run away, so was Benny before he noticed Reagan was still standing in the same place she was. He quickly grabs her hand and runs down the street.

"We are so dead!" Ethan yells.

"Speak for yourself! Skinny guy coming through; Warp Nine!" Benny yells.

"Help!" Ethan screams. "My babysitter's a vampire!"

"Remember Halo? Level three? Evasive maneuvers!" Benny says to the two, even though Reagan had no idea what he was talking about. "Alpha, phi, strike, delta six, engage!" He ends up running into a pot on the side of the street. "You both missed the pattern." He groans.

"Sometimes I just skim through your emails," Ethan says.

"And I have no idea what you're talking about," Reagan says as she tries to catch her breath.

"Fair enough."

Reagan sighs before helping Benny up as Sarah shows up in front of them, causing them to scream. Without a thought, Benny hides Reagan behind him.

"What is your problem?" Sarah asks them, mostly the boys who were freaking out.

"If you ate us, that would so not be cool," Ethan says.