44

Reagan sat on Ethan's bed as she watched him and Benny play video games at Ethan's desk. The boys banned her from playing with them as she seems to always win, but it was fun to see the two get competitive with each other. 

Then, she felt her phone vibrate as it sat on her thigh. She saw it was Rory and picks it up. "Hey, what's up?"

"Yo, R! You've got 20 minutes before MC MonsterBat drops the beat from the streets and school these fools!" Reagan laughs and Benny turns his head to her. "Who is it?"

"It's Rory." She answers. "He's gonna 'drop some beats' at the open mic tonight. Do you wanna go?"

"No, sounds emo," Benny says while Ethan shakes his head.

Reagan sighs. "Sorry, Ror. But good luck." She hangs up the phone and sets her phone back on the bed. The boys continued playing their game and she groans, slamming her back against the mattress.

*

"She destroyed the audience!" Rory explains to them as they stood at their lockers. "I tried to destroy the paramedics when they showed up, but they told me to be quiet while they worked."

"So the entire football team is in the hospital?" Ethan asks. "No wonder there's so much room in the hallway."

"Luxurious and wedgie-free!" Benny says, throwing his arms out.

"If she can work a crowd like that, she's gonna own the talent show next week." Rory continues on the topic of the girl from the open mic.

"Psh. You're assuming the judges will have any unblown minds after they see my fruit juggling." Benny reaches into his locker and pulls out three apples.

He throws each apple into the air, using his magic to have them stay as he hummed a circus theme song. "Pretty good, huh?"

Reagan chuckles as she uses her magic to bring down one of the apples in her hand, taking a bite out of it. Benny gasps and places a hand over his heart, fake hurt. He then smiles before throwing his arm over Reagan's shoulder. 

"There she is." Rory pints at the end of the hallway. "Her name is Serena." Reagan turns her attention to the girl. She wore black and purple clothing and heavy makeup. She walks up to a student, singing in his ear. The student walks up to a teacher from behind and gives him a wedgie. "Woah! Marty's usually the wedge-ee, not the wedge-er."

"Attention, students." Mr. Stern's voice came from the loudspeaker in the hallways. "The talent show tryouts are starting in the school auditorium. I know I can't wait-- yet somehow I will."

"Time to get my juggle on." Benny slides his arm from Reagan's shoulder. Knowing he didn't have an extra apple, he sighs. Reagan, who had taken his apple, felt bad. Looking around the hallway, she mutters a small spell before the bitten apple had now become whole again. 

Benny smiles as he accepts the apple from her. He leans down to press a kiss on her cheek.

"Hope you juggle better than I spin, bro. MC MonsterBat takes no p-p-p-p-prinsoners." Rory sings, then mimicks scratching as he leaves the hallway.

*

"No, Ror, you don't have electricity in your teeth," Reagan assures him as she, Rory, Benny, Sarah, and Ethan sat waiting in the principal's office. 

"So I come back from my apple run and all auditions are over," Benny says to Reagan and Ethan. "And the line for the nurse's office is out the door." Ethan gestures to the line of people waiting. "What happened?"

"Serena sang a beautiful song," Rory tells them as he pulls out his phone. He presses play from the video he recorded and handed the phone to Ethan. From the phone's speaker, a loud, shrilling noise played. "That's not what I heard. There must be something wrong with my phone."