45

"Hey guys, check this out," Reagan tells the boys and Sarah as she looks through Serena's chart in Ethan's room. "Her voice is full of paranormal acoustic energy. She's affecting people's brains."

"Rory." Ethan nods at the blonde-haired vampire, gesturing to the chair. Rory sat in the chair in front of the sound analyzer, wearing a glowing strap around his head.

"This is Rory's normal brainwave pattern," Reagan explains, showing the chair. "Pretty dead." 

"I'm laid back, dudette. Why stress?" Rory shrugs.

"Play a bit of classical music, and Rory is nice and calm," Benny explains as he plays violin music. "But, as soon as I play even a second of Serena's song..."

The moment he turned up Serena's song, Rory's fangs popped out and he tried to bite his arm. Sarah quickly grabs his wrist. "And Rory tried to bite his arm off."

"So Serena is a siren," Sarah says. "How do we stop her?"

"Well, according to Greek mythology, and Whatapedia, the Sirens lost a singing contest to the Muses and were destroyed by their own jealousy," Ethan explains.

"Too bad we don't know the Muses' agent," Rory spoke.

Ethan's eyes widen when an idea popped into his head. "What if we become the Muses? We get into that talent show, and when she turns on us, we use her own song against her."

"How? I mean, what is she likes her own 'yeah' voice?" Benny asks.

"But we could rig up a phase inverter and send a negative image of her own evil harmonics right back at her," Reagan suggested.

"The old evil-harmonic-phase-inverter trick. That could work." Benny smiles before wrapping his arm around Reagan. "I knew you were secretly a nerd."

"Yeah! We should totally invert her face. But how do we get on the show and be good enough to make her jealous?" Rory questions.

"We'd have to get really close for the phase inverter to even work." Benny agrees.

"Simple. Music today is all done by computers. We just gotta figure out the formula for the perfect song." Ethan says.

"Okay. Well, just in case you three don't become the hottest boy band of all time, I'll go tell Ericawe may need some more kicks in our dance routine." Sarah tells the guys before walking out of Ethan's room.

"Guys, we should totally drop one of MC MonsterBat's tracks. My beats make people feel good." Rory suggests while Benny frantically shakes his head to Ethan. "We'd be called Mc MonsterBat and the Muses." 

"No, Muse-atronics!" Ethan and Benny exclaim in unison. "Yeah! I agree."

*

Reagan stood behind Mr. Stern as the guys set up their equipment in the tryout room. "Our music is mathematically perfect, our lyrics use only the most popular words from hit songs of the last ten years," Ethan explains to Benny and Rory. "And we are robo-tuuunnnned." He spoke into the microphone. 

Mr. Stern looked at Reagan with complete boredom and she gave a thumbs-up as the guys began to play their song. Rory was behind the auto-tuned station, Benny was on the drums, and Ethan was in the front with the microphone. 

"One, three, five, seven!" The boys played their song, which was not great on the ears. Mr. Stern was starting to get fed up with them trying to get them to stop. He finally yells, "Stop!"

They stopped their music as Stern says, "That was terrible. No, truly. Now, I can either ask you to leave, or I can give you the last slot in the show and I can leave. So congratulations." 

The boys look at each other in joy as Reagan clapped. "Muse-atronics!"

*

Reagan and the guys were backstage as the guys put on their costumes for the show. "How do I look?" Benny asks her. Reagan chuckles at the sight of him, wearing a green bandanna with a giant cape. "You look wonderful."

Benny smiles as he leans down to kiss her but was interrupted by Reagan laughing when Rory entered backstage, his hair in multiple directions. "Thanks for helping with my hair. I can't really use a mirror." He tells Benny.

"Any time, champ." Benny laughs as Reagan stared at his hair. "You are so not ever messing with my hair again," Reagan tells him. 

"Hey! I could offense to that. I braided your hair once and it was amazing." Benny pouts.

"Hey, Rory, your mom's here. Right next to your grandmother." Ethan says to Benny. "That's not good." Rory shakes his head. "My mom can really throw everyone."

"Will your Grandma back us up when the magic starts flying?" Ethan asks Benny. "No chance. As soon as that music starts playing, that hearing aid is going off. She hates anything without an accordion in it." 

*

Reagan apologizes to the guests as she shuffles her way to her seat next to Benny's grandmother.

"Before we get to our showstopper, here is an act that can only be described as... next." Stern introduces the guys when they walked on stage. "Muse-atronics!" The boys exclaimed.

Benny looked through the crowd until his eyes landed on Reagan. The girl smiles and gives him a thumbs-up as good luck. He smiles back before Ethan shouts,

"Hit it, Benny!"

They began to play their song and Serena came to see what the cheering was. She stood at the side of the stage, watching the crowd clapping and dancing along to the guys' song. "These people are mine!"

Reagan noticed the girl onstage and how angry she was getting. She quickly shuffles to put on her earplugs.

"Stop it! These people need to feel my pain! And so do you!"

The people in the crowd began to fight as they were put under Serena's spell. "Benny!" Reagan yells when she saw Erica enter the stage carrying a large speaker. She throws it at the guys, but luckily, they were able to avoid it. Sarah came onto the stage and pushed Erica backstage. 

Reagan joins the guys and fought the people who were attacking them onstage. "Here's a real magic show!" Benny uses his magic to hit Marty offstage. "Yeah, Marty!"

Ethan fixed the equipment and blasts Serena's soundwaves into her ears, causing her to scream in pain. The screams were so painful that they caused the crowd to cover their ears in pain, including Reagan. 

"Reagan!" Benny yells at the sight of his girlfriend falling to the ground. 

"You can't keep me quiet!" Serena yells. "Sorry? What was that?"

Ethan turns up the soundwaves until Serena gave up and disappeared into the waves. Thankfully, Benny's grandma used her magic to close the curtains.

Benny runs over to Reagan and slowly helps her off the ground, Rory and Ethan helping. "That was intense." Ethan breathes out.

"Are you okay?" Benny asks the girl, and she nods. "Yeah, just gotten really lightheaded from that."

"Well, guys, I think we just recorded our first number one!" Benny smirks, trying not to show concern for Reagan. He knew how much she hated being treated like a baby.

Later that night, Reagan still had a pounding headache from the incident with Serena. She had no idea how she could be affected by the screams when she had her earplugs. Maybe they slipped off without her realizing. 

A knock came from her door and she lifts her head to see Benny walking in with a smile on his face. "Hey, B. What are you doing here?"

"I came to check on my girl." He simply says with a shrug. Reagan blushes and Benny joins her on her bed. He wraps his arms around her and she instantly snuggles next to him. 

After a long, stressful day, the two needed this. Just a quiet night with the two relaxing in each other's arms. 

Benny suddenly asks, "Can I braid your hair?"

"Of course, Benjamin."