10

"Sarah! What are you doing here?" Ethan asks, walking into the kitchen as he fixes his buttoned shirt. He looks at Reagan and Sarah. "What's with the waiter outfit?"

"Your mom called me in a panic. She thought having Reagan as help wasn't enough. And she offered double my babysitting rate."

"Totally rocking the sweater vest, Mister." Reagan smiles with her arms crossed. "Stylish, yet stupid." 

"Says the one in the waiter outfit," Ethan smirks.

Reagan gives him a look. "Trust me, I don't like wearing this one bit. Looks like we're both suffering then."

Benny walks in through the back door. "All right, we are locked and loaded with anti-potion. And Rory's on his way." Benny turns to Reagan and looks at her up and down. He meets her eyes and smirks. "Can I have a decaf triple mocha latte--no foam?"

Reagan fake chuckles before grabbing a pot nearby, ready to swing it at Benny's face. She quickly puts it down once she heard Ethan's mom appearing in the kitchen.

"Ethan, I need you to come and meet our guests." Then she looks at the girls, asking to bring out the appetizers. 

Reagan hears Ethan's mom greeting him to the guests. "Everyone, this is our son Ethan." When Reagan and Sarah enter the dining room table, she halts as she meets eyes with Della. Sarah notices the hesitation in the Sullivan girl, so she takes the plate from her hands, placing it on the table.

"Hi. Della and I have met--kinda." Ethan says.

Benny appears behind Ethan. He looks between Reagan and Della, then smirks. He looks back at Della. "Hey, Della. Did the dog come back?" She began to cry and Benny and Reagan make eye contact, the latter glaring at him.

"Really?" She mouths. Benny shrugs in response. 

"She's been worked up all week. Every dog she sees is Puffles." Della's dad explains.

Reagan marches over to Benny, pulling him into the living room. "Seriously? What is wrong with you?" He doesn't answer as his lips form into a smug look. "What?"

"What's wrong with me?" Benny questions. "What's wrong with you? Ever since Della, you've been acting weird. You're a lot more snappy, and--you're jealous."

Reagan throws her head back and groans, trying her best not to blush. "We're back on that topic? I am not jealous. I have no reason to be."

Their conversation was cut short as they heard Della shriek.

"I felt something on my leg!" She squeals.

Reagan runs into the kitchen to see the room full of demonic animals. Benny and Sarah were spraying them with the anti-potion while Rory ate them. Ethan soon joins and his eyes widen.

"It's like Snow White and her little forest friends. The evil undead!" Benny cries. 

"Instead, Snow White's forest friends were actually sweet, not demonic!" Reagan shouts as she began to spray the critters.

While they got most of the critters, Reagan noticed a rabbit that was on Benny's back. She lifts the pan from the counter and whacks the rabbit off before spraying it.

"Ow! What was that for?" He asks.

Reagan smirks. "You had some hare on your back." She sets the pan down.

Ethan goes over to the cabinet, grabbing the parmesan that his mom needed when Puffles appears inside the cupboard. 

Puffles bites his arm until the two vampire females pin it against the cabinets. "Benny, shoot it!" They exclaim until the dog turns into ashes, landing in the bowl of sauce. 

Ethan's mom comes walking in asking for the sauce and Ethan tries to fight over it back. They began to do a round of tug of war before eventually accidentally spilling it all over Della as she walks in.

"Puffles?" She looks at the collar that was on the floor.

"Yeah, that's him. Kinda." Benny says. Della runs out of the room crying. "I can explain! Well, not now, but I'll think of something!"

*

On their walk back from school, Reagan couldn't help but think about why Benny suddenly became obsessed with Della overnight. I mean, she knew he was a flirt, but it was like he was determined for him to do thing's right with her. He's never gone that far for a girl he never talked to.

"Hey, Benny." Reagan and he were a bit behind Ethan as they walked. "When did you start to like Della? I mean, you never had eyes on her before, so I was just curious." She shrugs.

Benny's eyes slightly widen. Ethan, who was overhearing, turns his head to the side a bit to listen in more but didn't say a thing. "I-I guess it was just me being flirty. I saw a girl and I went for it."

Reagan could see the awkwardness in him as he fiddles with his fingers, a nervous habit he did. So she dropped it. Speaking of Della, she was walking in the direction that they were in until she made eye contact with Benny, turning the other way. The Sullivan girl sighs as she pats her best friend on the shoulder. "Don't worry, B. You'll find the girl of your dreams." 

"I already have," Benny mutters as he watches her retreating figure.