19

Reagan was with Erica and Sarah, the latter complaining about the new blood substitute she had been drinking, thanks to Benny's grandma when her friends enter the school with Doug Falconkawk, the man who hunts 'paranormal' activity. 

Ethan notices the three female vampires, saying something to his friends before walking over to them.

"This new blood is awful! I need a new new one!" Sarah complains.

"You guys gotta stay out of sight. That's Doug Flaconhawk." Ethan tells them.

"Is that the night vision poser from that show you guys like?" Sarah looks at Reagan for confirmation, and she nods.

"He looks like a prison hairdresser." Reagan chuckles.

"Yeah, serious mullet fail." Erica agrees, then looks at Sarah. "And you should be worried about him. If he gets in my way, he's lunch."

"His hair... is awesome!" Ethan exclaims. "Doug is like Batman. And... all four Ghostbusters, and, like, a scientist motorcycle gang, all in one. And, if he spots you, he won't have a chance."

*

In class, Doug Falconhawk was presenting in chemistry class, explaining the basics of spotting a vampire. 

"Rule Number One: scares don't find themselves. But you can bring them to you if you have the right bait: aloe, musk, saffron, pepper-- a recipe for wicked ghost action!"

Reagan leans over to her chemistry partner, who she has yet learned their name. "This class is boring." She whispers. "I don't get how they actually enjoy this." She motions to the group of guys who were intrigued. 

Her partner quietly chuckles. "Well if you notice who they are, they're geeks who are interested in this stuff. Listening to this is like heaven for them." Reagan nods. "I'm Hannah Price." The girl holds out her hand and Reagan gladly takes it.

"Reagan Sullivan."

Their conversation was cut short as they heard a thud from behind them. They turn in their seat to see Rory had fallen off his seat. Not paying attention but was listening carefully, she heard Benny mention vervain. A vampire repellent. 

"Woah! You're not one of them, are you, buddy?" Doug asks Rory.

The class laughs while Ethan and Benny force a laugh, causing Rory to awkwardly join in. As Ethan went up to Rory, Reagan and Benny make eye contact. Put that away before you expose us, she mutters to him. Benny nods as he slips it back into his bag. 

*

Reagan walked with Sarah, listening to the girl yell into her phone as he talked with Ethan. The Sullivan girl decided to take Ethan and Benny's advice and stayed away from Doug. She was not scared of the man at all, she just didn't want to deal with the poser. 

"Benny's grandma's out of town at a sorcery convention for a week--or however it takes to summon a demon."

"Well, I guess everyone wants me to go eat rats again! Old, rat-biter Sarah. Fine! I'll be in the graveyard eating rats like a loser!" She hangs up the call and looks over at Reagan. "What?"

Reagan shrugs. "Nothing. It's just... you're angry when you don't get what you want." 

Sarah glares at her. "Oh, shut up."

"Come on. Let's go find you something."

*

"Ugh! This isn't working!" Sarah grunts as she failed to snatch a rat. She pulls out the juice box that Benny's grandma provided her but failed to place the straw inside the juice box. She throws it, and it was caught by Erica.