EPILOGUE

Benny Weir had lived a good life.

After graduating high school, he went to college and he met this sweet girl, Sophia. 

He knew no girl would ever replace Reagan, but like he was told millions of times by his grandma and friends— it was time to move on.

Benny and Sophia got together and eventually got married years after college.

They had a little boy named Henry Atticus Weir.

Benny thought back to when he and Reagan would talk baby names, how she mentioned she would love to have the name Atticus.

But at the age of 96, Benny had peacefully passed away in his sleep.

The one thing he did not expect was to end up in the afterlife as his teenage self.

"Where am I?"

Benny looks at his surroundings, noticing he is in a field of flowers. He looks down at his outfit— a simple white polo shirt with tan pants, and black shoes.

In the distance, there was a girl. 

She had a white gown that was fluttering behind her from the wind. 

Benny couldn't feature out the girl until she turned around.

He couldn't speak.

It was the girl that had been on his mind the day she died.

"Reagan..." He mutters.

"I was wondering when you were gonna show up."

Benny lets out a chuckle as Reagan brightly smiles.

The two of them start running, aching to be near each other again. 

When in arms reach, Benny pauses. She looked as beautiful as she did before. He reaches out and softly cups her face with his hand, her leaning to his touch.

Benny suddenly brings her into a hug. Their hearts swell as they were finally back into each other's arms.

"I'm here." Reagan whispers in his ear. "I'm here, and I'm not leaving again." Benny sighs as he presses a soft kiss on her head.

They were finally together and at peace.

And that's the end of 'The One That Got Away'. I am sorry for those who did not get the happy ending they may have wanted, but I needed to find the simplest way to end the book. But thank you to those who have read this and joined on the journey of Reagan's life. 

I love you all.