46

"So even when the village shaman would try to call down the vengeance of the moon upon his enemies, he was still a snappy dresser." Mr. G explains to the class. Reagan and the guys were extremely bored, and it definitely not the first.

Reagan was falling in and out of consciousness as she was slowly falling asleep on her hand, her arm propped on the desk.

"I need a nap." She hears Benny groan.

"Oh, I miss naps," Rory says from beside Reagan. "The dreaming, the snoring, the drooling..."

"Since when did you give up drooling?" Ethan asks him. Rory shrugs before resting his head against Reagan, who simply pat the side of his head. 

"Here's a sight for scary eyes." Mr. G holds up an interesting-looking mask to the class as he begins talking about it. "According to native legend, an ancient warlock would use this mask to bring to life the fighting spirits of his army." 

"And the warlord's warriors would don the furs of wolves and bears and then-- do you know what would happen?" Mr. G asks as Rory lifts his head from Reagan's shoulder, interested in the topic. 

"Animal rights groups would protest?" Ethan suggests, then Benny adds, "They smelled like old carcasses?"

"No, the natives believed the warriors would turn into actual wolves and bears!" Mr. G explains.

The bell rings and everybody got up from their seats to leave. "I saw that you were sleeping, Rory. You too, Reagan." Mr. G tells the two. "Oh, I was pretending to sleep!"

"Great, now you can pretend to stay after class and clean the blackboards. And you, Reagan, considering how you have to tutor students, I'll let this slide." 

*

"You told her about the 'party'?" Benny asks as she and Benny stood at Ethan's locker. "Yeah, what's the big deal?"

"Oh, maybe because it'll be just the three of us." Reagan reminds him.

"Are you two seriously trying to tell me that we don't have a dozen friends with ready-to-wear costumes and no Halloween plans?" Ethan asks them.

"The only friends that we share are the vampires who are going to the Vampire Halloween party," Reagan tells him.

"Speaking of vampires, you really want to make Sarah's night, don't you?" Benny coos. 

"I just don't want to ruin her night. Anyways, we could at least invite Rory." Ethan says. "What?" Benny asks. "Do you remember what happened last time? The caveman thing? And that wasn't even a costume party."

"Look, I'm sure he'll be better this time." The three heard grunting from down the hall and saw Rory laughing maniacally and wearing the mask from Mr. G's class. Ethan looks to Benny who wasn't even surprised, and Reagan just sighs. "I still think that's better."

*

Reagan arrived at Ethan's house as she adjusted her skirt. For tonight, she was Pansy Parkinson from Harry Potter. She saw people entering Ethan's house and was surprised to see more people there than she thought there would be.

She enters the Morgan household and she instantly spots her friends. "Hey, guys." She looks at Benny and chuckles. "What are you supposed to be?"

"I couldn't decide between Merlin and a Mexican wrestler, so I picked both! Say Hola! to El Merlo Loco, the wizard-wrestler, who combines the best of the ARCANE and the INSANE!" Benny explains.

"You are so adorable." Reagan smiles at him.

"Nice look." Benny looks up and down her costume. "Too bad I wasn't the Draco to your Pansy."