05

Benny and Ethan were walking out of the school, Benny freaking out that Reagan hasn't been answering him since he found out that they abandoned her last night. But Ethan was reassuring him that she was alright, but it didn't help his case.

"Guys, wassup!"

The two look in front of them to see Rory. He was wearing several layers of clothing and sunglasses.

"Rory?" Benny questions.

"We thought you were dead," Ethan says.

"Dude, I feel amazing. I woke up the morning after the party with no asthma, no need for glasses, and I barely have to sleep anymore.

"You're a fledgling, too?" Benny asks.

"Heck no! I'm rocking the full vampire action, my dude. The big V! Can I get a what-what?" Rory holds up his hand for a high five.

"What? You drank human blood?" Ethan asks, looking at Benny for help, but he just shrugs.

"They said that if I didn't, I'd die."

"Do you have any idea what you've just done to yourself?" Benny says.

"I'm immortal and all-powerful, dude. Ka-chow!" Rory exclaims.

Benny and Ethan look at each other in confusion. Rory turns around to see the upperclassmen vampires, motioning for him.

"Sorry, guys. Gotta go to church." Rory says.

"Church? Vampires don't go to church." Ethan says.

"Jesse says we have to. He's been so bossy. He's all like 'blah blah, we have to do this, we have to find the Cuban animals--"

"Cuban animals?" The two repeat.

"What are you talking about?" Benny questions.

"Sorry, maybe we can hang out later, or fang out," Rory says, flashing his fangs. "Zing! See ya." He starts to walk away before Benny stops him.

"Wait, Rory!" The blonde-haired boy turns around. "Have you seen Reagan at all?"

"I would be glad to be surrounded by her presence. But I haven't seen her since the party last night." Rory shrugs before walking away.

"She'll be okay, Benny," Ethan says before gripping the strap of his backpack. "Grab your backpack. We're going to church."

*

Reagan Sullivan was freaking out.

It has been twenty-four hours since she became a vampire.

At first, she thought it was going to be awesome. She thought she wouldn't have to care about Benny or any of them anymore, but ever since she became a vampire, her emotions have been heightened. So whatever thoughts she had before, they have increased.

She was still furious at the thought of the people who have once cared about her left her in the dust. To practically become vampire lunch, but instead, she transformed into this whole new person.

She didn't know if she liked it or not.

Her phone goes off and she quickly picks it up to see it's another message from Benny. Ever since the night she became a vampire, it's like a light went off in Benny's head, that he left her there, and now he won't leave her alone.

And suddenly, her anger returned.

Why should she care about what he thinks?

He has now abandoned her.

Scoffing, she puts her phone in her back pocket before heading off to school to meet Jesse and the others.

*