27

"Hola, familia Morgan. ¿Cómo te va esta buena noche?"  Reagan invites herself into the Morgan household, meeting Mr. Morgan's confused glance. "Oh, I'm sorry. It means--" She was cut off by Ethan's dad, him reassuring her that he understood what she meant. 

"Reagan!" 

The female vampire looks over at the living room and she saw Jane who was happily smiling at her.

It was senior prom for the married couple along with Evelyn and since Sarah was unavailable to watch Jane, they called Reagan. It's not like she had anything better to do. Besides, she thought it would be nice to get some bonding time with Jane. 

After greeting Benny and Ethan, she eyes the man who stood by the staircase, waiting for his wife and Evelyn. She had to admit, his outfit was a little... interesting. With his salmon color vest, he will be standing out. 

"Looking good, Mr. Morgan. Excited for senior prom?"

"Oh, definitely." He smiles at the girl. "Ethan's mom thought it'd be fun if we wear the same thing we wore at our senior prom." That explains the outfit.

Reagan nods. "I think it's cool that the two of you are chaperoning the senior citizens' prom."

The front door opens to reveal Evelyn. "So, who's ready to party?" Reagan smiles at the woman. "You look--"

"Hot." Ethan cuts his best friend off, receiving a glare from Benny, and a laugh from Reagan.

"Thank you, sweetie." Evelyn smiles at Ethan before looking at Benny. "You look a little surprised, dear. Can't a grandma get her groove on?"

"I have no idea how to answer that." 

After the adults said their goodbyes and left the house, Reagan immediately turns to Ethan and Benny. "All right, Jacuzzi Time Machine starts in t-minus two minutes."

"I'll get the drinks," Benny says.

"I'll get the popcorn," Ethan says. 

"And I'll get the blankets," Reagan adds. As the three teens separated, Jane tugs on Reagan's sleeve. "Can I stay up late tonight?"

"Only if you don't tell your parents that we're letting you watch Jacuzzi Time Machine." Reagan holds up her pinky, giving Jane a playful glare. Jane laughs before raising her pinky, interlocking it with Reagan's.

"Deal." 

Once they all gathered their stuff, Ethan and Jane sat on the couch with the popcorn while Reagan and Benny sat on the floor with a bunch of pillows and a blanket. 

"I honestly can't wait for this," Reagan says to Benny. The boy doesn't say anything as he admires the girl beside him. Seeing her this happy made him happy as well. When she caught him staring, he stutters before turning his attention to the movie.

When the movie began, a loud thump was heard from the roof, followed by yelling. As it hit the ground, the TV went static. 

"No!" The four cries out. A groan was heard from outside, and they knew exactly who it belonged to.

"Rory." 

*

As the others sat in the kitchen, Benny was in the living room, watching the static TV as he talked about what was happening in the movie. 

"They just whirlpooled into the '80s. Their legwarmers are all wet. My favorite part is coming up." Benny explains.

"How do you know? It's all static." Rory says.