31

Benny laid on his bed, thinking about how tomorrow is his first day of sophomore year. Usually, he would be excited, but all he could think about was a certain vampire. It's been three months, a whole summer where Reagan didn't contact him once. He didn't know if she was safe or not. But he shouldn't be thinking like that. 

Groaning, he sits up from his moping, then sighs. He looks over at his nightstand and there laid a frame with him and Reagan. The photo was taken a couple of weeks before the dance. Margaret, Reagan's aunt, begged for Benny to come over to have dinner with them since Evelyn was out of town. After the dinner, Reagan and Benny decided to make sundaes, and well... it didn't go as they planned. 

Reagan tried to put whip cream on top of her sundae but "accidentally" sprayed Benny with it, causing him to retaliate and grab a scoop of ice cream before throwing it at the girl. That lead to a whole sundae fight. Margaret entered the kitchen to see the mess the two made. Instead of yelling, she laughed and took a photo of them and their messy attire. 

Benny sadly smiles at the memory, missing the girl deeply. "I miss you, Reagan."

"I missed you too, Benny." 

The Weir boy's mind didn't process that the girl was standing right behind him, instead, he thought it was him hearing her voice. "Gosh, I miss you so much to where I'm imagining your voice."

The girl chuckles. "Turn around, Benjamin." 

His eyes widen when he realized that he wasn't hearing her voice in his head. He was actually hearing her voice in person. He whips his head around to be met with her gorgeous caramel eyes that he missed. "Reagan!" 

Reagan hops into Benny's room from his window and ran over to hug him, crashing the two on his bed. The two teens chuckle from the impact, Reagan pulls her head back to stare into Benny's eyes. "You're back?" He asks.

She smiles. "I'm back, Benny, and I'm not leaving again."

*

The next day at school, Benny and Ethan were standing at their lockers, Benny telling Ethan about his reunion with Reagan, to find out that Ethan also had a reunion, but with Sarah. 

"Aren't you glad that she's back?" Benny asks him. 

"Of course I'm glad she's back, but I don't know, she seemed... different." As Ethan reached into his locker, Benny cast a spell into it. Ethan rolls his eyes. "Come on, cut it out."

"I was just testing something," Benny says. "I was trying to summon a chick for you, and then..." He stops himself as Ethan pulls out a baby chick from his locker. 

"Just focus from now on, Benny," Ethan tells him. "Reagan's back and everything should be fine now with your magic. Speaking of Reagan, how is she? With her powers?"

Benny sighs. "She didn't tell me much. All she said was that she got help to control her powers. But now that you mention it, there's something different about her too, she's not the same person."

"Do you think you'll get together now?" Ethan asks, and Benny shrugs. "I don't even know she wants there to be an 'us'. And I don't want to pressure her." He explains. "Besides, Sarah is probably just traumatized and Reagan is confused. They'll need time to adjust, and--" 

Benny stops as he hears Sarah's voice coming from behind him. Sarah, Reagan, and Erica were chuckling down the hallways and enters the boy's conversation, linking arms with one another. "Care for a 'welcome-back' chick?"

"Benny, so cute!" Sarah says. "That'll be a yummy snack later."

"What?" The boy's eyes widen at Sarah's comment. "It's a joke!" Reagan laughs.