43

"Careful, you'll hurt him!" Rory shrieks as Benny and Reagan flip through their spellbook. "I'm not a veterinarian, but I'm pretty sure he can't feel a thing," Benny tells him.

"Nu-uh! A mummy's spirit or 'Ka' is connected to its body. Mr. Kitty feels all." Rory corrected. "I did my homework." 

"Watch out, Ror," Reagan warns him. "This kitty is about to make a comeback. You ready?" She asks Benny, who nods in reply. "Osiris mortus resurrecti!"

The dead cat shines a blue light before it was sudden;y up and walking on the desk. "Mr. Kitty, you're back!"

The cat hisses and runs out of the room, the three following closely behind. They run downstairs to be met with Ethan, Sarah, and Hottie. "What are you guys doing?" Sarah asks them. "We're chasing Mr. Kitty!"

"More like Rory is," Reagan says as she watches the boy run out of Ethan's house. She and Benny walk down the final step before making their way into the living room. 

"Sarah, can I talk to you for a sec?" Ethan asks as he leads her into his living room. "I don't think you should be hanging with Hottie so much."

"What? Are you like my guidance counselor or something?" She asks offended. "Just trust me. You never know when his past will catch up to him."

"I think now," Reagan spoke, gesturing to the front door. Two Egyptian men enter, wielding spears and wearing gold jewelry. "We have found you at last." One says to Hottie. "YOu may have vowed never to join the underworld without a bride, but you may not join the living."

Benny guides Reagan and himself behind the couch, Ethan follows them. "The eternal guards of the Pharoah. They swore to ensure that I serve my sentence for eternity." Hottie explains to Sarah.

"It's time for a new line of work." Sarah hisses, her fangs flashing and her eyes glowing yellow. "Fear not, Sarah. I shall deal with these vermin." Hottie pulls out a stick, aiming it at the men.

"The crook of Osiris!" One of the men says. "I sensed it might come in useful in my travels."

Hottie says an incantation and swings his arm around with the crook of Osiris in his hands. The men vanish, causing the other's mouths to drop. "Nice moves." Sarah compliments. 

"I was totally about to do all that!" Ethan jumps from behind the couch, and Reagan rolls her eyes. "Our victory is short-lived. But the guards will live again. I've merely returned them to their tombs." Hottie informs them.

"So, you're the mummy?" Sarah questions.

"We tried to tell you--" Ethan says but Sarah interrupts him, her eyes glowing yellow. "You knew about this?"

"I wanted to tell you, but I feared my being an undead creature might frighten you away," Hottie admits. "I see now you have secrets of your own." He rests his hand under her chin as her fangs were still bared. Sarah went to cover her mouth until Hottie stops her. "No, don't. They're beautiful." 

They start to lean in for a kiss until a meow was heard. Hottie backs away. "My apologies for bringing this trouble to your house. I must go."

"Wait, Hottie! Where are you going?" Sarah asks him before he was able to step out the door. "I have angered the Gods by remaining on Earth. It is time I departed this world for the next."

"Also, these large children you sit on may have stolen my pancreas," Hottie gestures to Ethan, Benny, and Reagan who were still behind the sofa. "But you have stolen my heart. Might we meet again, so we may seal our fate in the stars?"

Ethan makes a barfing motion, while Benny watches in disgust and Reagan with adoration. As Hottie walks out of the house, the three 'large children' headed up to Ethan's room.