51

Benny noticed something off with his girlfriend. Ever since she came back from her talk with the vampire council, she hadn't said a word to him or Ethan. As they sat in geography class, Ethan talked about Sarah and their failed date while Benny stared at Reagan, who didn't look up from her desk.

"She wouldn't talk to me," Ethan whispers to Benny, causing the boy to every his attention from the silent girl. 

"Look, if my experiences with girls has taught me one thing, it's that you can't get anywhere by talking to them," Benny whispers to him, then he suddenly feels a zap in his arm and he looks over at Reagan's hand that was glowing red. 

"How are we going to get the Lucifractor?" Ethan asks. Benny shuffles through his pocket and pulls out a ring. "Bam. Projection Ring. Stern swiped this from me before I had a chance to try it out. But I palmed it when we got busted this morning."

"So you put it on, and you can look like anyone?" Ethan asks. "Yeah. Who's gonna stop Stern from walking into his own office?"

*

Benny walks into Mr. Stern's office and looks around to find the real Mr. Stern staring at him. "Oh. Hi?"

"Hello." The real Mr. Stern greets.

"I thought you'd be handing out detentions to the late-lunchers," Benny says. "I made my quota yesterday."

"Then you're dreaming!" Benny tries to say. Mr. Stern waves his hand in the air and uses magic to freeze Benny and pull the magic ring off his finger, making him return to his normal self. "So that's what this does. I never thought to try it on." Mr. Stern smirks.

"I can explain," Benny says. "Oh, I know you can." Mr. Stern presses a finger on Benny's forehead, forcing him to talk. 

"I'm a wizard and we're looking for a magic marble. Ethan is a seer and has visions, and Reagan is a witch slash vampire with slight control issues." Benny groans. 

Mr. Stern removes his finger off of Benny's head and watches him fall to the floor. He hums in approval.

*

Reagan roams the halls as she searched for Benny. Ethan had informed her that he was waiting for her in the art room. When she had found him, he was sitting at a table with a folded paper in front of him. "Benny, where have you been? You've been gone all day and--"

"Later. I looked through Stern's office. There's no sign of the Lucifractor." Benny explains and Reagan sighs before sitting down on the chair across from Benny. "However, while I was searching, I found upon the school policy; no bloodsuckers allowed at this school. We wouldn't want to find half of the students dead."

Reagan furrowed her eyebrows. "What-- Benny, what are you talking about?" 

"Along with the fact witches who can't control their magic. There should be no reason to disappoint your mother any further from the dead, right?"

Reagan was at loss for words. She couldn't believe what he was telling her. Then, she looked at Benny's intertwined hands and noticed something. The ring.

"What did you do with Benny?" Reagan orders, her eyes glowing red. He pulls off the ring to reveal Stern in his normal self. "Don't worry, Sullivan, your boyfriend is fine. He's currently taking a nap on the floor in my office. I just want you to deliver a message to Ethan for me, that's all." 

He slides the folded paper closer to Reagan. She looks at him hesitantly before grabbing it off the table and running out of the room. She ran over to Ethan where he was at his locker. "Ethan!"

"Reagan, what's wrong?" He asks as he saw her frantic state. She stuttered as she held out the letter in her hands. "J-Just take this. I don't know what it is, but I need you to take it."