33

"Hey, boys." Reagan greets Ethan and Benny at their lockers. "Apparently, we have a sub for Mr. G. I saw him in the nurse's office." 

As the three made their way to class, they talked about the sub. "Maybe we'll have a sub who doesn't give out work," Benny says, wrapping his arm around Reagan's shoulder.

"I think we'll have the 'be-quiet-no-talking' sub, for sure." Reagan laughs. Once they entered the classroom, Ethan and Benny stopped in their tracks.

"What--" Reagan cuts herself off as she turned to see what they were staring at and it was their new substitute for the day. She was holding a glass skull in her hands and smirked at the boys.

"Welcome, my young warriors." She says to Ethan and Benny. "I am Lucia."

"Guys, I heard we have a sub in for Mr. G," Rory says as he enters the classroom, standing in front of the three. "What prank do we pull first? Alien fire drill or sub in a bucket?"

The boys turn Rory around and he sees Lucia holding the skill. "Woah..."

"Hottest. Sub. Ever." The three boys say while Reagan stares in disbelief. Reagan then scoffs as she pushes them to their seats. But when she tried to sit down, Lucia stopped her.

"You, maiden!" Lucia points at Reagan. "You are not apart of this class!"

"Excuse you?" Reagan eyes the sub. "This is history. I must be here." Lucia doesn't say anything as she glares at the girl, waiting for her to leave. Reagan tries to look at the boys for help, but they were too bust gawking at Lucia. Reagan scoffs as she grips her bag before making her way out the door, her magic slamming the door behind her. 

As the class went on, Reagan watched through the glass. Lucia was writing Egyptian letters and symbols on the chalkboard. Inside the classroom, Ethan leans over to Benny.

"What is she saying?" He whispers.

Rory, who was sitting in front of them, shushes him. "I'm trying to concentrate." 

"You understand her?" Benny leans forward, asking Rory. "She's talking? I didn't notice."

As Reagan continued looking through the glass, Erica and Sarah walk up behind her. "Why are you spying on your own class? Shouldn't you be in there?"

Reagan sighs as she turns to the girls. "We have a sub for Mr. G and she kicked me out. All I want to do is blow off that smirk on her lips." She snarls, not realizing that her hands were glowing red.

Sarah quickly pushes down Reagan's hands. "Maybe it's best if we see what's going on." She pushes Reagan behind her and Erica, the two knocking on the glass window of the door. Ethan walks up to answer it.

"What's going on in there?" Reagan questions. "She is so nice," Ethan tells the three girls with a grin on his face.

"Right. Anyway, do you still have any of those little wooden-stake darts?" Erica asks him. "You mean pencils? Yeah, why?"

"Some vampire jerk stood her up. She wants to make a point, but I--" Sarah was cut off with her explanation until Lucia came to the door and shoves it open.

"All warriors must get to work. The hour of judgment approaches." Ethan nods and smiles as he goes back to his seat. Lucia turns to the three girls.

"Uh, so where are the girl warriors?" Erica questions. 

"Banished. Maidens have no use but to serve their queen when the hour is at hand." Lucia says before shutting the door at their face. Once again, Reagan's hand flickered red due to anger. Sarah and Erica quickly grab each of her hands, calming her down.