34

"So, are we going to talk about what happened earlier?" Sarah asks Reagan as the two headed to Ethan's house. 

"W-What are you talking about?" She stutters, not wanting to be on this topic. "Oh come on, Reagan. Don't play dumb."

Reagan looks at Sarah who had a smirk on her face. "You almost confessed to Benny that you love him." Reagan stops in her tracks as she stiffens. Sarah stops confused as she saw her friend stop walking. "Reagan?"

The Sullivan girl looks up from the ground to meet Sarah's worried eyes. "What if he doesn't feel the same?"

"What? Reagan, that's ridiculous." 

Reagan shakes her head. "No. He and I may be together, but what if he's not on the same level as me? I mean, we just started dating, and I--" She takes a deep breath. "I just got him back and I can't risk losing him again." 

Sarah sighs and places a comforting hand on her friend's shoulder. "We all see how he looks at you or talks about you. You are the light in his eyes. He loves you, Reagan. He's probably afraid to say it." Reagan doesn't say anything for a moment before nodding. 

The two drops the conversation as they reached Ethan's house.

"Jane, is Ethan here?" Sarah asks the young girl. She was sitting on her front porch, coloring in her notebook.

"Yeah, but he's acting kinda insane. Even for him." She answers. "Let's go see."

The three girls walk into Ethan's room to find him throwing his mom's jewelry onto his bed, looking through it. "Silver, rubies, diamonds. Worthless junk! Lucia demands gold!"

"What's a Lucia?" Jane asks.

"Gold for my queen!" Ethan runs out of his room, still on the look for jewelry. 

"Reagan." Sarah gains the girl's attention. "Do you think there's a spell to help us with what's going on?"

The girl shakes her head. "I've practiced every magic I could during the summer, but I never saw anything like this. Ethan and the boys at school are under high-level magic. There's nothing I can do."

"Then it's up to the girls to save the day," Sarah says. "Count me in."

"Sorry, Janie." Reagan sadly smiles at the girl. "She means her, Erica, and me."

"Of course you did."

*

"Sarah! Erica!" Reagan runs over to her vampire friends. "I've been looking through my spellbook and I think I found a way to fix this." 

"Uh, how positive are you that it'll work?" Erica asks as she points to the stairwell. Reagan turns to see all the boys in her class walking down the stairs shirtless with symbols written on their chests, following Lucia. They were chanting something in Egyptian and stopped in front of the entrance.

"Not that positive." Sarah and Reagan say. 

"I am totally praising the Sun King!" Benny says to the other guys. "I praise him twice as hard as you!" Ethan argues.

"Reagan." Erica elbows the girl as she noticed red sparks flickering out her fingertips. "Sorry. I can't control it when I'm upset." 

"The Sun King is pleased. He will soon return to us." Lucia explains to the boys. "You may cheer."

"Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!"

"Soon the final ceremony will demand the ultimate sacrifice." She continues. "Who among you is worthy to be my chosen one?"

The boys began to argue while Reagan was getting angrier by the second. With her heightened senses, the shouting was not helping. Anger was running through her veins, her blood boiled. Her heart quickened as she panted. She couldn't take it anymore. She felt she could explode any--