47

"Okay, here we go. Don't you think you guys are getting a little bit old for milk and cookies?" Mrs. Morgan asks as she sets a plate of cookies in front of Reagan, Benny, Ethan, and Sarah.

"Maybe, but you're never too old for a cookie sandwich!" Benny says as he shoves three cookies into his mouth.

"Just when I think you've found every way there is to be disgusting, you find another one," Sarah tells him before looking at Reagan who shoved three cookies into her mouth as well.

Reagan looks up from her plate and sees them looking at her. "What?" She slowly puts her half-eaten cookie down. Benny from beside her chuckles which has her turning her head to him.

"You got a little-- here." Benny reaches towards her face and brings his thumb to the side of her mouth, gently wiping off the chocolate. "I got it." He smiles before wiping the remains on a napkin. Reagan slightly blushes as a voice calls out,

"Hello?" Ms. Weir enters the kitchen through the back door. "Oh hi, Evelyn. Come on in. What brings you here?"

"Well, I just wanted to make sure that Benny isn't making a mess." She says before zapping his glass of milk, tipping it over on him. "Oh! Do you have any napkins?"

"No problem. I'll get some." After Mrs. Morgan walked away, Ms. Weir leans forward and looks at the couple. "Which one of you did it?"

"It's an easy explanation. Sarah didn't believe in trolls and Ethan and Reagan bet me I couldn't conjure one. What was I supposed to do?" Benny throws his hands up.

"You didn't conjure a troll, you conjured a toll. It cost me five bucks to get out of my living room." Ms. Weir tells him. "Ha! Told you!"

Mrs. Morgan makes her way back to the table and Ms. Weir uses her magic to tip the plate of cookies on the floor. "Benny!"

"It's okay. I'll get the dust-thingy." Mrs. Morgan assures her before leaving again.

"Well, at least I conjured a toll booth. Can one of you two do that?" Benny asks Sarah and Ethan. "Reagan is afraid to use her own magic!" Ethan exclaims.

"At least she knows how to fight! You two hide behind us while we do everything!" Sarah adds. "You hide every time that stupid robot dentist movie is on."

"Hey! Cyberdontist came to this planet to fill our cavities with pain! And at least I'm not hiding from myself." Benny scoffs.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sarah asks him. "That you're a vampire who's afraid to bite people. He said it, I didn't!"

"And you're so perfect?" Reagan rolls her eyes at Ethan. "I'm just saying. Between Benny's misspelt magic, Sarah's smash-happy strategy, and your fear of magic, you three would fail without my bulletproof genius plans." Ethan points out. 

"STOP!" Ms. Weir yells. "You four are a team! I sense coming darkness. A force so powerful, so evil, that none of you stand a chance against it alone. Only by working together can--"

She stops when she saw the four of them not paying attention as they were on their phones. "You have to work together!"

"Yeah..." They mumble.

*

Reagan flutters her eyes open as the sound of her alarm woke her up. She slowly gets out of bed but paused to sniff the air. She had smelt pancakes and bacon. 

Tia doesn't cook, she thought. 

She finally got out of bed and got dressed for school. When walking down the stairs, she wondered if her aunt learned to cook overnight.