49

Reagan and Benny stood beside Benny's locker as they pretended to not notice Ethan talking to himself with a rose in his hand. "This is getting sad," Reagan whispers to Benny. 

Benny smiles as the two walk over behind Ethan. "You know, just for you, I'll take my hundred bucks in dollars," Benny tells Ethan, which snaps him out of the trance. "The deal was that I had a year to ask Sarah out." 

"You have five hours left." Reagan reminds him. "Rory?"

Ethan turns to face Rory, who was trying to look as intimidating as possible. "The council wants to meet with you now. And this time I've been authorized to use force."

The three share a look. "What force?" Ethan chuckles. Rory turns around and points at the two guys wearing all black at the end of the hall. "Those two."

Ethan sighs as he shuts his locker. "Let's just get this over with. I'll ask Sarah out later." He tells Benny and Reagan. "Yeah, sure you will." Reagan sarcastically says.

"Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I have pre-ordered a hundred dollars worth of the world's first self-chewing gum," Benny calls out as Ethan and Rory walk away.

*

"Hey! Are you okay?" Reagan immediately asks Ethan the moment he stepped out of the room. Ethan just nods as he was getting dragged out by the two men earlier. "That went well. I mean, you appear to be alive."

"Yeah. I've got all day to ask Sarah out." Ethan says when the guards let him go.

"Reagan told me you were here," Sarah says as she came running through the door. "Did they hurt you? Is everything okay?"

Ethan straightens his posture while stuttering, "Uh, yeah." He looks back to Benny and Reagan, who gave him a thumbs-up as an encouragement to go for it. "Can I... Um, can we, uh..." Ethan pulls Sarah to the corner of the room away from the others.

"I'd like to uh..." His eyes drift behind Sarah's head to see Reagan and Benny with massive grins on their face. "Like to ask you-- maybe we could, uh..."

"He's actually doing it," Reagan whispers to Benny and Rory. "This is definitely better than a hundred bucks!" Benny whispers.

"Sarah, would you like to go out for dinner with me tonight?" Ethan blurts. "What, like a date?"

"Uh, no, not like that." Ethan sees Benny and Reagan throw their hands up in disbelief, mouthing 'what?'. "I mean... yeah, exactly like that. On a date."

"Sure, what the heck. Could be fun." Sarah says, a smile creeping onto her face. "See you tonight then?"

Reagan noticed a small blush on Sarah's cheeks as she walked out of the council room. She and Benny cheered for Ethan. 

"She said yes!"

"And I never doubted you for a second!" Benny exclaims. "Me neither, and I'm not lying like Benny!" 

Reagan laughs as she looks back at Ethan. "You actually did it!" 

"I can't believe she said yes." Ethan exhales before falling to the ground, passing out from excitement. 

"That looked like it hurt."

*

"One hundred dollars in nickles." Benny greets as he enters Ethan's room where Ethan and Rory were, hand-in-hand with Reagan. "Best money I ever spent." He plopped the sank of nickles on Ethan's desk. Benny sits on the chair at Ethan's desk as Reagan sits on Ethan's bed. 

"What are you doing?" Reagan asks Ethan as she noticed him drawing something. "I saw this in a vision I got from the council librarian."

"What did they say it was?" Benny questions. "I didn't tell them about it."