40

Reagan sighs as she just finished her two hours of geometry homework. She leans back in her chair and closes her eyes-- right as her computer beeped.

Groaning, she opens her eyes to see Benny calling on a video chat. She clicks the accept button and a smiling Benny appears on the screen.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Reagan questions with suspicion. 

"Can't I just smile at my beautiful girlfriend without her questioning me?" Benny asks but sighs at the look on Reagan's face. "Fine. Ethan wants us to come over to play Hectbots Rebellion--"

"Correction. He wants you to come over and play. Ethan needs my help with watching the boys." Reagan corrects with a smirk. "Sarah already called me."

Benny groans. "I knew something was up when she overheard mine and Ethan's conversation. Okay, see you there. I love you."

Before Reagan could say the three-letter word back, Benny hangs up. She chuckles as she shuts her computer and stands up.

"I love that dork." She mutters to herself before exiting her room.

When Reagan arrived at the Morgan household, she saw Benny and Rory walking up the porch steps. 

"Hey, boys."

The two boys turn around and saw Reagan stepping up the porch steps. They smile at her and she noticed the nerf guns in their hands.

She chuckles. "You really think those are gonna stop them?" Benny and Rory shrug. "We're hoping so."

They enter through the front door, making their way to the kitchen. Benny creeps up behind Sarah and Ethan, yelling, "Benny--!"

Reagan lets out a wince as Sarah turned around and punches Benny in the stomach. "Ouch." Benny groans, leaning onto Reagan. The girl gently pats his head as Sarah gasps. "Oh my gosh, Benny! I'm so sorry!"

"Booyah!" Rory yells, shooting up from behind the kitchen counter. Ethan spins around and shoots a dart between Rory's eyebrows. "Hey! Is this for me barfing down your chimney?"

"No, no. I just-- wait, you what?" Ethan questions. "Nothing. I'm here to help battle the Tornado Twins."

"Yeah, us too. Are they here yet? I don't see anybody bleeding." Benny says. Ethan points over to the kitchen table where the two boys were sitting at. "See for yourself. Hey boys, this is Benny, Rory, and Reagan."

"Hello, Benny, Rory, and Reagan." The twins said in unison, before turning back to their drawing. The five teenagers looked baffled. "Whoa. That is a tornado of weird." Rory spoke.

"Kids speaking in unison. That's never good." Benny comments. A knock from behind startled them and they turned to find Erica looking board at Ethan's back door. "Are we going or what? I'm starving." She says to Sarah before looking at Reagan. "Wanna join?"

"I'm good, thanks." Reagan replies, then Sarah says, "Coming, Erica." She sighs and begins to leave before Ethan stops her. 

"What. Going? Going where?" 

"New safety rule from the council-- they want us to hunt in pairs," Sarah explains before she and Erica left the house.

"What now? Do I check their crayons for sharp edges?" Ethan asks. "Dude, relax. Can't you see? They know what they're up against. In their eyes, we're the grown-ups."

"Grown-ups." Reagan snickers. "Please."

"Let's go play video games!" Rory yells, and Benny cheers as they race up the stairs to Ethan's room.