17

Choi Yeonjun was worried.

Jaewon hadn't come to school in over a week and it was now Monday, two weeks after they had met near the pharmacy.

He wanted to see if she was alright but had no idea how she would react to him showing up at her house and asking if she was fine. So, he stayed in school, bringing a lunch box every day and waiting for the girl to show up.

Choi Beomgyu was going crazy. He had absolutely no idea how the girl he cared about most in the world was doing and not being able to hold her was driving him insane.

The boy really missed Jaewon. He wanted to hug her, he wanted to kiss her cheek and watch her blush, annoyed but secretly loving it.

Every second spent without Jaewon hurt his heart. She had been there with him since the beginning of his time at this school and she was the only person in this world he liked so much. She was a cure to him. She was someone who reminded him that being popular isn't everything.

"Hey, why are you just dozing off?" Kai asked, placing his arm around Beomgyu's shoulder.

The male sighed, before giving a weak smile as they both headed towards the cafeteria. Taking his usual seat next to Kai and Jisoo, he participated in the discussion going on about how much homework sucks, the back of his mind still on his girlfriend.

Choi Soobin sighed. It had been a long day and he was tired. Although he wasn't as close to Jaewon as Yeonjun, Taehyun, and of course Beomgyu were, he was still concerned for her wellbeing.

A notification from Soobin's phone alerted him. Pulling out the device, his eyes widened as he saw a message from an unknown number. He quickly opened the chat and was surprised to see Jaewon's name.

Choi Jaewon

Jaewon
Soobin can we talk?

Jaewon
It's me, Jaewon

Soobin
Are you okay??

Soobin
You didn't come to school for a long time

Soobin
and wow, you got a phone?

Jaewon
Yeah, can you come outside?

Startled, Soobin looked up and put his phone away before grabbing his bag and putting it on. He started running but then ended up jogging as he exited the school building. Walking out of the gates, he saw a figure in a dark hoodie leaning against the wall looking tired. Getting closer, he realized it was Jaewon and called out her name.

Choi Jaewon looked up startled before quickly shushing the tall bunny looking male.

"Shh!" she whispered before looking around frantically.

Soobin stayed still, really surprised as he watched the school's 'cold queen' look around as if she was crazy.

"Are you okay?" he finally asked when she stepped back.

Jaewon sighed before glancing down at her feet.

"Can we talk?" she asked quietly.

"Of course." Soobin said at once, being the caring friend he was.

There was silence for a few seconds before Jaewon nodded and walked away from the campus, indicating Soobin to follow her. Soobin had no idea where they were going but he trusted Jaewon, and decided to go with her.

Soobin and Jaewon were very similar. They both preferred non-social places and could seem as cold people but on the inside, they had a warm and caring side towards the people they loved.

This is why Jaewon had decided to tell Soobin everything, because she believed Soobin would understand her better than anyone. She believed Soobin could actually help her.

"Do you know this area?" she finally asked when they had reached a location near her house.

Soobin looked up, startled, before looking around and nodding.

"This is a part of Gangnam where all the not so privileged people live." Soobin replied, carefully choosing his words.

Jaewon nodded, just once.

"I live here." she finally confessed.

Soobin's eyes widened, reaction exactly what Jaewon had expected. He looked at her and then at the house they had been going towards.

"You live here?" he asked again and she nodded.

"Come in." she said to him before taking off her shoes and going into her home.

Soobin quickly followed, curiosity piling onto him as he wondered why Jaewon was telling him all of this in the first place.

He took off his shoes and followed Jaewon up a rickety staircase which he was afraid would break through his weight. As they walked, he got a glimpse of a passed out man in the living room and wondered who that was.

"Who is that?"

Jaewon looked down at the man on the couch before sighing and replying truthfully.

"My father."

Soobin, shook at the sudden news, walked into a room before Jaewon closed the door. He took a seat on the chair of a small desk as Jaewon sat across him on the bed.

Silence passed before she finally spoke.

"When I was 14, my mother passed away due to an accident."

At Jaewon's words, Soobin's eyes widened at once, horror filling them, as he thought about the pain the girl must have gone through. Although he wanted to pity her, he knew she would hate it, being the type of the girl who was always strong. So, he nodded for her to go on.

"After my mother died, I felt like a part of me had died as well. I didn't want to be happy anymore and so, I stopped doing the things that made me happy."

The girl spoke and Soobin listened, respecting her and everything she was saying without interruption. By the time she was done talking, he understood her. He understood why she was labeled the 'cold queen' of the school and he understood why she hadn't been very talkative when his friends first sat at her table.

Soobin, without thinking, reached forward and pulled Jaewon into a hug. The girl's eyes widened and she eventually tried to pull away but Soobin held on.

"Shh. You've needed this for a while." he finally said, raising his hand to stroke her long black hair.

Choi Jaewon felt loved. She felt like someone cared. She felt as if it was okay to cry.

and so she did

Jaewon let out tears and tears and tears, emotions from the past few years streaming down her face as she held onto Soobin's shirt and sobbed. The male didn't complain, choosing to show more affection instead of annoyance although he really didn't mind.

"I'm here for you." he sighed, gently patting her head as the girl cried.

Choi Soobin thought that Jaewon had gone through too much pain for someone so young. Although he was the same age and had never experienced losing someone he loved, he understood that what Jaewon was going through was something no one should ever see.

He wanted nothing more than to let her know that he was there for her, that she had friends. So, he held onto her. He held her close while she cried her life out. He held her as she told him about her life. He held her, as a friend.

A best friend