45

"Is that Jaewon!"

"Oh my god she's back?"

"I thought she left for good."

"I...Is she okay?"

Choi Jaewon ignored everyone and walked forward, head held high.

Simple words couldn't affect her, not after going through what felt like hell.

Jaewon walked into the principal's office, ignoring the older woman asking her to wait.

She was back at school, not to attend her classes though. She was here to talk to the principal.

About what?

"I would like to unenroll."

Jaewon sat down across the principal, crossing her legs and looking straight into the eyes of the startled man.

"C..Choi Jaewon! You can't just waltz in here and say such a thing!" Principal Kim yelled, groaning and straightening himself.

She had caught him by surprise.

"I would like to unenroll. I don't want to attend this school anymore." Jaewon repeated, a serious expression on her face.

The principal sighed.

"Jaewon look, I know you are going through a lot but don't make rash decisions. Your parents wanted you in this school and they both have already paid for a full course. Technically, you can't leave this school until you graduate."

"Who says?!" Jaewon exclaimed, slamming her hands onto the desk and standing up.

Principal Kim flinched and glared at her.

"Remember who you are talking to."

Jaewon rolled her eyes but nonetheless sat down again and looked at the man.

"Why can't I unenroll? I am my own guardian now and I will be graduating this year anyway." Jaewon said, trying to control her voice and keeping calm.

"Your parents asked me- no, they requested me to keep you here. As you already know, both your mother and father attended this school and they wished for you to spend your school days here and graduate. And even if I wanted you to leave, which I don't, you're almost done with school, why leave now?" Principal Kim reasoned.

"Sir I just want to go. I don't want to study in school anymore or receive emails from all my teachers about attendance. Do you not understand? I've lost everything. What I have left, I'm going to lose it soon too. I don't have time for school." Jaewon exagarted, annoyed.

"Jaewon come on! Be sensible. You are 17, you can't just leave school! You have a whole life ahead of you!" Principal Kim raised his voice, almost angry at the teenager for giving up.

"My whole life? Sir, I don't have parents, I don't have a family, I don't have money. Even if I graduate, what university is going to accept me? a girl who doesn't even have constant good grades. And in case you didn't know yet, not everyone in this school likes me." Jaewon said, ready to break something.

Anger was piling into her, bit by bit.

It was her choice to leave, it was her right. It should have been completely her decision to leave her school, why wasn't this man letting her do so?

The principal sighed, done with the girl before leaving back on his chair and looking down at his computer, placing his hands on the keyboard to resume the work he had been doing.