43

Choi Jaewon refused to go to school. Her mind was shut down, her body was weak, her head constantly throbbed, and her eyes were always tired, she was in no condition or mood to go to school of all things. 

Jaewon was finally broken. 

Her phone blew up with texts from every single member of TXT, most of the messages coming from Yeonjun. Even Beomgyu had dared to text her and ask if she was okay but like the rest, she ignored him. When there was a notification every minute from 4 different people, she turned off the device. She just didn't feel like talking to anyone or answering any questions. 

Yeonjun kept directly coming over to her house, knocking on her door and waiting for at least an hour before leaving. What did he do during that whole hour?

He sat down by the doorstep, sometimes playing music, sometimes doing homework, always talking about his day and how everyone is doing. He would ask questions too but Jaewon never responded. Despite her lack of communication, Yeonjun kept coming back, kept talking to her, kept waiting for her to open the door and embrace him like he wished. 

Jaewon would just sit against her door, eyes closed and knees brought together, hating herself for leaving Yeonjun outside all alone but not able to do anything despite it. 

"Jaewon..."

At the sound of her name, the girl sat up straight and glanced at the door.

He was here again, right on time. 

"It's me Yeonjun." the blue hair weirdo's familiar voice came and she sighed. 

"How are you doing? Feeling better?"

Like always, Jaewon didn't reply. 

Like always, Yeonjun waited a little before speaking again.

"Soobin got detention today. Honestly, it wasn't his fault. Huening Kai was the one making loud noises, Soobin just yelled at Hyuka to stop."

Hyuka, a new nickname Yeonjun had given the maknae. 

Jaewon closed her eyes, imagining Soobin pouting angrily and stomping into the detention classroom while Huening Kai laughed from the side. She could imagine Taehyun rolling his eyes at the situation and Yeonjun chuckling as he watched. 

A very small, faint smile came across her face, pale skin almost aching at the sudden movement. 

"Huening Kai left school early so Soobin wouldn't beat him up after but he forget they were going to have a sleepover today so in the end, Soobin ended up tackling Huening." Yeonjun laughed softly, resting his back against the door as he gently threw his head back. 

It made a small thump sound on the wood between the two people and Jaewon flinched a little. 

"We had out science tests earlier. I'm sure Taehyun got the highest grades."

Now Jaewon could hear some rustling of paper and books from outside.

He must be doing his homework.

"We got so much homework today! Probably because we're going to university next year. Ahh can you believe we're actually leaving high school in less than half a year?" Yeonjun asked, pulling out his pencil and crossing his legs.

He started working on his science paper, reading the questions out loud and answering them as well just so that Jaewon could maybe learn something since she was missing all her classes. 

"Hey another interesting thing happened today. Jisoo and Beomgyu had a fight and Beomgyu broke up with her in front of the whole school."

Jaewon's eyes shot open and she sat up straight, almost coughing and giving away the fact she was here listening even though she was pretty sure Yeonjun already knew. 

"I know right, so sudden...Beomgyu was yelling something about 'secrets' and 'not having any respect' before he yelled 'I'm done with you! We're through!' in a really strong voice. And then he just walked away."

Jaewon listened intently before rolling her eyes and falling against the door again.

It made a loud sound.

"Shit!" she sweared under her breath, quickly sitting up before she realized Yeonjun probably heard that too. 

There was only silence on the other side for a few seconds before the blue hair weirdo spoke again.

"I'm glad you're here. At least now I know for sure I'm not blindly talking to myself." Yeonjun chuckled but Jaewon could hear the pain in his voice.

Sighing again, she stood up straight before placing her hand on the doorknob. 

She wanted to turn it, open the door, but should she really?

In the end, she was obviously going to hurt Yeonjun. She was going to end up ruining her relationship with TXT the same way she did with everyone else. She was going to end up losing them.

But...

Yeonjun

Choi Yeonjun

She liked him. She really liked him. 

and she knew Yeonjun cared about her, maybe more than anyone else ever did.

If he didn't care about her, he wouldn't be sitting outside her door right now and everyday, speaking and knowing there won't be an answer. He wouldn't keep leaving a lunchbox with a strawberry lollipop by her door if he didn't care about her. 

Yeonjun truly cared and for once, Jaewon could actually see it. 

Her parents left too quickly, Beomgyu was hung up on something else too deeply, but Yeonjun...Yeonjun was always there for her, even before she became friends with him. 

Honestly, Yeonjun was the reason she was alive. Yeonjun saved her life. Yeonjun stopped her from jumping off the school building and killing herself. 

Why had she never noticed him before?

"I should head back now...It's getting late." Yeonjun muttered and she could hear the disappointment in his voice. 

Stop him Jaewon! Don't let him go!

but she couldn't do anything except step away from the door, falling backwards as she heard Yeonjun mutter goodbye and heard his footsteps fading away. 

No...please stay

but her words never left her lips. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( A/N: Short chapter ik but i'm kinda having a writers block? I really want this to be a good story so updates are probably going to be a bit slow now. I'm going to edit this book more and then publish chapters accordingly. Love you my stars~ )

P.S: I know I said I'm taking a break but I was going to write that after publishing this chapter which I forgot to do so...here 🤷‍♀️.