33

*Flashback for Yeonjun

"Stop wasting our money you useless shit!" The woman screamed, hitting the boy who fell over in shock.

The younger Yeonjun stood up at once, knowing if he stayed down, his father would get mad.

"I..I'm sorry." the boy stuttered, not wanting to cry but unable to stop.

"Stupid tears! How many times have I told you not to cry!" his father yelled, standing up at once and pacing forward, not hesitating to grab his son by the collar and punch him.

The boy fell down again but this time he was tired. He hated this, he hated how much his parents controlled him.

"You are useless without us so be grateful-"

"I don't need you!" Yeonjun screamed, startling his parents.

Tears streamed down his face and the boy was shaking. He forced himself to stand up and looked straight into the eyes of his parents. Glaring at them, he ran upstairs and grabbed the suitcase resting behind his door, hidden from anyone who chose to step up.

"I'm leaving." he shot at his parents.

"What! You can't survive with us you stupid boy." his father said at once, grabbing onto his shoulder to try and prevent him from leaving.

But Yeonjun had enough. He knew he didn't have too much money but he couldn't stand to live here another day.

"Goodbye mother and father." he said before shoving his father's hand off his shoulder and leaving.

Jaewon stared at him, paying attention as he spoke.

"What happened after?" she asked when she noticed he stopped talking.

Yeonjun blinked, confused for a second before nodding.

"Right so I moved in with my uncle who chose to keep our location secret and protect me. He lived in this house."

Jaewon nodded, listening intently.

"My uncle passed away a year after but he had already written everything he owned to me as he had no kids so this house and some money he saved up is mine. I'm able to afford school and other necessities thanks to that." Yeonjun told her.

"Oh...I'm so sorry. About your uncle." Jaewon muttered, looking down.

She had never known her uncle as most of her family relatives passed away before she was born.

"It's okay. I was upset for a while but TXT helped me get over it."

At the mention of TXT, Jaewon noticed how a soft smile had formed on Yeonjun's face.

They must be really close

"Thanks for being my friend." she said, without thinking.

Yeonjun looked up, startled before grinning.

"No problem, Choi." he ruffled her hair before standing up.

Jaewon nearly fell over in shock and quickly raised her hand to fix her hair. Flustered, she stood up and when she noticed the time, she grabbed her stuff and headed towards the door.

"I'll head home now." she informed Yeonjun.

"Okay, bye Choi!" Yeonjun called to her.

Jaewon blushed. She liked that name.

"Bye blue hair weirdo!"

With a grin, she set off towards her home as Yeonjun laughed, shaking his head at the girl's nickname for him.