48

"Jaewon?"

A surprised feeling electrified the girl before she turned around quickly, glaring at the boy who spoke at once.

Beomgyu

That was impossible. He never moved anywhere without those popular kids anymore. It was strange seeing him alone after so long. But, at the same time Jaewon couldn't help but think 'He left the table.'

For her

"Look who finally left the popular table." she scoffed, crossing her arms and facing the view of Seoul again as her ex boyfriend slowly walked up to her and stood beside her.

Beomgyu couldn't deny how startled and hurt he was by her comment but he knew he deserved it.

Not exactly sure what to say, the former lovers stood side by side, staring at the way too beautiful view for their sad emotions. A pinkish orange hue had started to fill in, sun slowly setting low as the minutes went by. A cool breeze swept forward, gently patting the faces of the two teenagers and brushing back their hair.

A very sudden, small sniff was heard.

At once, concern filled Beomgyu as he looked and finally turned to face Jaewon. Noticing her watery eyes and controlled face expression, he sighed.

"Come here." Beomgyu muttered, holding out his hands.

Jaewon looked at him, eyes automatically widening as she stared at his open arms. Hesitating for the briefest second, she buried herself into Beomgyu's arms, tears streaming down her face.

At the moment, she didn't care about the fact he loved popularity more than her. She didn't think about the fact he cheated on her. All she could think of was pain and all the other hurtful emotions and thoughts she had. She could only remember the longing of wanting Beomgyu with her.

A small part of her screamed at her to stop, to pull away. It yelled at her, reminding her that her heart already belonged to someone else.

but she missed this. She missed Beomgyu.

After all, he had been the first person she had ever fallen for.

Beomgyu was her first love.

❅ ❅ ❅

It took Jaewon both of the last two periods to tell Beomgyu everything.

Honestly, she had no idea why she had never told Beomgyu anything about her life and her parents. She had always told herself she would do it later but by the time 'later' had arrived, they had broken up.

Beomgyu had absolutely no idea about all the horrors Jaewon had been going through. This part of her, the part she was spilling out onto him, was a side Jaewon chose not to show. She had never wanted to let Beomgyu know about her life. It was like dragging him into the horrors she had to face.

Maybe that's why she never told him. Maybe that's why she kept it a secret when they were together.

"Come on. I'll walk you home." Beomgyu stood up, holding out his hand to the girl.

Jaewon didn't take it and stood up, brushing herself off as Beomgyu awkwardly darted back his hand.

"You don't know where my home is." Jaewon replied, walking towards the door.

Beomgyu followed.

"Show me then. I've been waiting for a while..."

Choosing not to reply, Jaewon went over to the lockers to take her belongings before leaving the school just as the bell rang.

Students streamed out of their classes, chatting loudly, most surprised to see Beomgyu following Jaewon again.

Just like he used to.

The TXT members noticed this as well, Yeonjun finding a familiar jealous feeling upon him, while the popular kids stared at Beomgyu as if he was an alien dancing across campus. Only Jisoo was staring at them with a thoughtful look on her face, almost as if she was planning something...

❅ ❅ ❅

"You live here?" Beomgyu exclaimed with wide eyes as the two people stopped walking.

Jaewon nodded before pulling out her keys and walking to the door.

"You can go now." she said with a cold voice before entering her home.

Beomgyu jumped a little when she slammed the door shut before sighing and turning around.

What did he except?

Did he think she would come running back into his arms? Did he think she would maybe want to start over their relationship?

No idiot, it's your fault she's not with you in the first place

Scolding himself, Beomgyu walked towards his house with hands tucked into his pockets. Deep in his thoughts, he didn't notice Jaewon staring at him through her window or Yeonjun who had just walked past him. He didn't notice the sky turn into a dark orange and red color or the sun slowly disappearing.

He didn't notice Jisoo watching him, the way a hawk watches its prey.