34

"He's not going to live!"

"Shh! She might hear you!"

"It doesn't matter, we should be telling her anyway!

"What? We don't have to tell her anything. She's just a kid, how would she react to her-"

"Her father not being able to live? Are you an idiot? She's the one taking care of him, she's the one paying his bills, she's the only living relative he was. We need to tell her!"

"Nothing is confirmed, we aren't telling her anything."

Choi Jaewon stood up straight, a cold expression fixed on her face as she slung her bag over her shoulder and walked out of the hospital.

She was tired. She's been tired for a while now.

Jaewon genuinely believed her father was getting better but after overhearing two nurses conversation by accident, she realized he wasn't.

"He's not going to live!"

She closed her eyes tightly, breath hitching.

Don't cry Jaewon

Opening her eyes again, she let the disappearing light of the sky set in before heading to her home.

❅ ❅ ❅

"Did you see it?"

"Yes, I can't believe he would do that!"

"Why, what happened?"

"Oh my god, she's gonna be so mad!"

Whispers filled the hall when Jaewon entered school the next day. Although she would usually ignore the rumors going on, this time, they seemed to be directed to her.

Not able to understand what was going on, Jaewon searched for her friend before finally catching sight of them waiting in front of their first class.

"Jaewon..." Taehyun muttered at the sight of the girl.

All of the members felt a little guilty even though they did nothing wrong. Another feeling they felt was pity as they didn't feel like the girl deserved any of this.

"What's going on?" Jaewon asked, trying to smile a little but unable to do so with the tense atmosphere.

Without a word, Huening Kai handed Jaewon a phone with a video playing on it.

Jaewon hesitantly took it and looked the video. Glancing up, she noticed the date was during the time they were in Japan.

The video showed the popular kids, including Beomgyu, in Jeju as they were there during summer. It seemed like Kai had been recording this video for a memory purpose perhaps.

"BEOMGYU COME ON!" Kai yelled in a loud voice and everyone cheered

The said boy rolled his eyes before standing up and walking towards the drinks. He bent down, gulped a little, before drinking down the whole glass.

Everyone cheered and applauded the poor boy who seemed a little dizzy but still sober as he only had one glass and the alcohol hadn't set in yet.

Suddenly, Jisoo walked into the screen and grabbed Beomgyu by the collar, pulling him forward and firmly planting her lips against his.

Beomgyu pushed her off at once, nearly tripping backwards in the process and Kai gave a small gasp at the sight of his ex kissing someone else.

"Hey. You wanna be popular or not?" Jisoo asked him before pulling Beomgyu back towards her.

A clear struggling expression was on Beomgyu's face but he didn't pull away this time when Jisoo kissed him.

Instead, he allowed the alcohol to settle around his body and kissed her back.

Yeonjun grabbed the phone from her grasp and turned it off. She had seen enough to understand why there were rumors now. She had seen enough to understand Beomgyu was cheating on her.

Jaewon's face had settled into a cold expression once again. An angry glare had sparked across her eyes.

Shit

Without another word, Jaewon turned around and started walking into the cafeteria where all the popular kids sat before school started.

TXT, understanding what she was about to do, ran after her, calling out her name to try and stop her.

Only Yeonjun didn't say anything.

Yeonjun thought Beomgyu deserved whatever Jaewon was going to do to him.

Choi Jaewon didn't hesitate the grab Beomgyu by the collar and force him up when she saw him laughing with Jisoo.

A surprised look crossed his face before a guilty one replaced it.

"Jae-" he started but then his words died in his through.

Jaewon punched him.

With a gasp, Beomgyu fell over and landed on the ground, silence filling the cafeteria as he did so.

"Hey what are you doing?" Jisoo screamed, running forward but Jaewon grabbed her by the collar too.

"This is for stealing my boyfriend." She glared before slapping Jisoo across the face.

"Jaewon don't! You will get in trouble!" Taehyun tried to yell but she simply ignored him.

Beomgyu shakily stood up just as Jaewon turned to him. To his surprise, tears were streaming down her face.

"You are such an ass." she hissed, close to tears before turning around and running out off the cafeteria.

"Wait! Jaewon-" Beomgyu tried but was interrupted when Yeonjun came out of nowhere and punched him.

People gasped, including TXT who had never seen Yeonjun so violent.

"Fuck you." Yeonjun spat before turning around and running after Jaewon.

In less than 2 minutes, he had found her on the roof, crying her eyes out.

Yeonjun's face softened and he went over to her, sitting down next to her and wrapping his arms around her.

Jaewon's head fell onto Yeonjun's shoulder as she curled up against him. He hugged her, gently stroking her long hair in an attempt to comfort her.

They were both here once again.

Jaewon crying and showing her vulnerable side to Yeonjun and Yeonjun holding her close without another care in the world.