9

Choi Yeonjun ( with his inhuman speed ) was near the railing at once, grabbing onto Jaewon's hand while she swung like a doll, her head hitting the side of building painfully

"Are you crazy!?" he yelled as he pulled the shaking girl up.

Choi Jaewon was, in fact, crazy. No, she was insane. How could she just abandon the world and do something like that? She winced in pain and grabbed onto the railing, trying to make sure she got onto the rooftop again.

Once she was safe, without looking at her saviour or realizing the consequences this would have later, Jaewon broke her facade and fell into the arms of Yeonjun who stiffened at once. For just one minute, Jaewon didn't want to be the cold and tough girl. Grabbing onto the shirt of the man who saved her, she sobbed into his chest, letting herself break down in front of the mysterious stranger, showing whoever this was, her vulnerable side for the first time in years. 

Choi Yeonjun wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer, knowing at the moment, she needed someone like him, someone to hold her and help her out. He knew he might have been overstepping his boundaries, but he raised his hand and gently stroked her hair, trying to calm the crying girl who felt like she was going to die any minute. They both slowly sunk to the ground and Jaewon lay her head against his chest while Yeonjun remained silent, knowing she would probably need to calm down a bit before talking.

Choi Jaewon really did not want to admit how nice it felt to be in the comfortable arms of this unknown man. Although she didn't know him at all, by the way he was simply stroking her hair, she understood he was a caring man and was showing her more love than anyone had ever shown her before.

"I'm sorry." she sniffed, deciding that whoever saved her would be the only person to see this side of her.

The moment had passed. She had jumped and he had grabbed her in time. She had cried in front of him. This man had already seen something that could not be taken back so why go back to being all mean and scary?

"What were you thinking? Why would you do that?" the man finally spoke, replying to her apology. 

Jaewon liked his voice. It was low and unique, very soothing for her ears. With a sudden thought, she realized she would love to hear him sing. With a voice like his, she was sure he could do great in the area of music.

"I...I don't know." Jaewon stuttered truthfully. 

The hug that they were both in slowly broke as they pulled away from each other, Jaewon finally looking up to see her saviour.

"Blue hair weirdo?" she asked, face scrunching in confusion at the sight of the 'blue haired weirdo' who had bumped into her 2 weeks ago.

Choi Yeonjun's face also scrunched in confusion at the name she had called before standing up. He offered his hand out to her and tried to hide how surprised he was when she took it. He pulled her up and then let go, allowing her to fix her appearance.

"I'm Yeonjun." he said to her and held his hand out for her to shake.

She glanced at it before sighing and taking it.

"Jaewon." she said and they shook hands, finally properly introducing themselves to each other.

There was an awkward silence between the two since they didn't know what to say to each other anymore. Now that the necessary introduction was over, Jaewon was forced to remember how she broke down in front of him despite having no idea who he was. Yeonjun was trying to come up with an explanation as to why he was on the rooftop in the first place.

"Don't-"

"Don't-"

Both spoke at the same time and abruptly stopped, not wanting to interrupt the other. Jaewon nodded at Yeonjun while Yeonjun indicated for her to go. After a few seconds of pointless silence, Yeonjun spoke first.

"Don't ask why I'm here." he quickly said and looked away.

"Don't ever mention this moment to anyone." Jaewon replied and looked the other direction.

They both nodded at the same time and headed out the door, nearly crashing into each other on the way.

"You go first." Yeonjun said, opening the door like a true gentlemen.

"Thank you." Jaewon muttered and quickly moved, Yeonjun following after.

Side by side, they walked down the stairs and into the hallways of the main building, parting ways without another word. The next period had started and the two just wanted to get to their classes without any interruptions.

Choi Beomgyu had no idea where Jaewon was but he was starting to miss her. Call him crazy for wanting to see someone as cold as her, but he wanted to be by her side and apologize for not eating with her even though she said she had been fine with it.

As he walked around the hallways a few minutes before class started, he caught sight of Jaewon and quickly ran towards her only to see her with someone else. Looking closer, he realized it was one of the four popular kids who were good looking and kind.

'When did she become close to him?' Beomgyu thought, jealousy slowly dawning upon him.

He watched as they both turned in opposite directions and headed towards their classes, Yeonjun coming towards him. Standing up straight, he walked ahead, purposely pushing his shoulder onto Yeonjun's who just stared and then walked off, which annoyed Beomgyu.

"Jaewon!"

At the sound of her name, the said girl turned around and saw Beomgyu, noticing the blue haired weirdo's figure disappear in the back.

"What?" she said to him without realizing her voice sounded cold.

Beomgyu pretended not to be hurt and simply smiled, although he had thought that after Saturday's 'date', they would have been better friends. Just as he was about to ask where she had been, she interrupted him with an absurd request.

"Beomgyu, hang out with me after school today." she asked suddenly.

Beomgyu stared at her with wide eyes, shocked beyond anything that she would ask such a thing. He had thought she hated him.

"Y...Yeah sure!' Beomgyu quickly stuttered, taking any opportunity to be closer with her.

Choi Jaewon nodded before heading to her class, already 10 minutes late. Upon arriving, the teacher looked at her but didn't say anything, knowing that Jaewon coming late was not unusual.

As Jaewon sat down in her designated seat, she thought back to the request she had asked Beomgyu. Wanting to get to know him better, she asked him to come hang out with her after school and was thinking of an arcade place since she remembered Beomgyu talking about that during the two weeks in which he was bothering her.

Since this was second to last period, she would go out with him later today. Jaewon promised herself to try and be nicer since she wanted to make an effort to be friends - maybe more.

Jaewon mentally hit herself before laying her head on the desk and falling asleep.