18

Choi Jaewon held onto Soobin's hand as they both walked into campus together. It was Tuesday and it had been a while since the students had seen her. So, when she walked into campus with one of the four most popular kids, gossip started.

Choi Soobin had woken up early, asking his mom for an extra breakfast before heading to Jaewon's house.

She had been very surprised when he showed up minutes before she left and handed her a sandwich. Soobin had told her from now on, he would walk her to school. Jaewon ( of course ), refused at first but Soobin didn't budge, not allowing her to be by herself for any more time. She had already spent years alone.

And so Soobin and Jaewon walked to school together, eventually holding each other's hand since Jaewon was still a little weak. Once Soobin dropped her at her class and into Beomgyu's hands, he nodded and left towards his own.

Choi Beomgyu had come to school moments after Jaewon and Soobin only to hear rumors of them dating. Angry by the sudden news, he threw his bag into his locker and stormed towards his classroom, pushing Jisoo who was trying to talk to him on the way. When he arrived though, no one was there.

Trying to calm himself down, he forced himself not to believe Jaewon was cheating on him before finally he saw them at the door.

At the sight of Jaewon limping, he understood at once why they were holding hands and quickly ran to her, taking his girlfriend away from Soobin.

Soobin gave a nod and disappeared as Jaewon looked up at Beomgyu and gave a small smile.

"Were you worried for me?" she asked, chuckling quietly as she stood up straight.

Beomgyu pulled his arms away and broke a smile at her teasing.

"No, not at all." he replied.

Shaking her head and grinning, Jaewon walked to her seat and sat down just as the english teacher walked in.

Choi Jaewon decided it was time to get back on track. Pulling out her notebook, she opened it to a fresh page ( the first page ) and grabbed a pen, ready to write.

At the tentativeness of the girl, the english teacher secretly smiled before writing down the date and today's lesson plan.

"I am sure no one remembered but your english assignment is due this Friday." he started and multiple students groaned, including Beomgyu.

Jaewon remembered with a start of how nearly a month ago, she had been partnered up with Beomgyu against her will and had been told to complete the english project. So much had happened after that, Jaewon making friends and getting a boyfriend.

She was so different now.

The class went on, the teacher calmly explaining everything for the assignment. Once it was done, Beomgyu held onto Jaewon's hand and they left the classroom together, heading for their math period.

"Shall we study at my house? My mom keeps asking when are you going to come over." Beomgyu asked, laughing awkwardly as they arrived at the classroom.

"Sure." Jaewon replied, smiling.

Suddenly, Jisoo walked by, immediately grabbing onto Beomgyu's arm as Jaewon's smile disappeared, almost like magic.

"Heyyyy Gyu! Did you hear about the trip Kai planned? Are you coming, he really wants everyone to go!" Jisoo whined and Jaewon openly rolled her eyes.

No one found Jaewon's behavior indifferent of course since "rolling eyes" was her classic move.

Beomgyu gently pushed Jisoo's arm off him before shrugging.