51

Choi Soobin looked up with a gasp when he heard a thump next to him. Glancing to his side, he was overjoyed to see Jaewon, his amazing best friend, sit next on their table. Without another word, he reached forward to hug her, lowkey relieved when she hugged back, chuckling a little.

"Idiot we missed you." Soobin whispered into her ear, almost tearing up a little as he pulled away.

Soobin knew everyone missed Jaewon, especially Yeonjun, but he was also extremely heartbroken when Jaewon had ignored them during the funeral and left. When she also chose not to sit with them during school, he felt upset and lonely.

You see, Jaewon was very special to Soobin. Although Soobin had the rest of TXT as good friends, Jaewon might as well have been his best. She had opened up to Soobin first, before anyone. She trusted Soobin even before she had really gotten to know him.

Soobin sincerely loved her as if she was his own sister. He wanted to be by her side and protect her at all costs. It made Soobin feel good, the fact she trusted him so much.

and he would never break her trust.

Choi Yeonjun was so relieved when Jaewon sat with him and the rest of TXT. As always, he had his second lunchbox for her and gladly gave it to her when she sat next Soobin.

He watched Soobin hug her with a smile on his face and laughed out loud when Huening Kai asked about his bag, embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I put it in your locker earlier." Yeonjun said since he had been the one to take Huening's bag.

"Oh thanks."

The rest of the lunch passed by with eating and random chatter.

❅ ❅ ❅

Choi Jaewon rolled her eyes when the teacher said a new student was joining the class.

Last time a new student had joined, it had been Beomgyu and that...that turned out great.

"H..Hello." came a sutter and Jaewon looked up in shock.

That voice!

"My name is Sofia, please treat me well." the girl up front bowed and quickly took the free seat in the back corner of the classroom.

Jaewon stared at the girl who had introduced herself as Sofia with wide eyes, memories filling her head, before giving a soft smile.

"Amazing." she muttered out loud before turning around and facing the teacher, the small grin never leaving her face.

The rest of the TXT members noticed and cast confused glances at each other, wondering why Jaewon of all people was smiling at some random new student. They all took one look at each other and silently promised to ask her about it later.

When class finally ended, like usual, the TXT members rounded up on Soobin's desk but this time Jaewon made her way over to Sofia, the new student in the back.

Everyone watched, letting out a gasp in shock when Jaewon and Sofia exchanged a few words and hugged each other.

"Who is that?" Yeonjun asked in shock.

Soobin shrugged, casting curious glances but his eyes got stuck on the new student.

With long black hair with bangs, a cute petite figure, adorable small nose, and the most beautiful lips, she was really pretty - at least to Soobin.

Everyone watched, including a curious Beomgyu from the side, as Jaewon led Sofia to the group and Soobin's desk.

"Guys, this is Sofia. She was one of my closest friends but I lost contact with her years ago when she moved to America." Jaewon introduced, explaining why she was so friendly towards the new girl.