31

Choi Jaewon stood still as the bus moved. A few passengers wobbled around but her feet were firmly stuck to the ground, mind elsewhere.

In her hand covered with skin now pale, rested a white envelope addressed to her from Soonchunhyang Hospital.

(A/N: This is a real hospital in Seoul, South Korea and I have really sad memories here 😔  ) 

Paper stuck to her hand by the tight grip she had, Jaewon firmly pressed the stop button and got off the bus.

As she entered her not so amazing house, she reread the letter and threw it into the trash can.

Her father stole some drinks and had drunk alcohol again, leaving him in a worse condition than before.

She had to pay even more now.

Jaewon brought out her school computer before sitting down on the couch, the same couch where she had found her father passed out multiple times before.

She finished typing her unfinished email about not being to attend school for sometime and sent it before shutting the laptop.

❅ ❅ ❅

Choi Yeonjun sighed before putting his second lunchbox back in his bag.

It had been a while since Jaewon had come to school.

He kept bringing two lunchboxes just in case she came but so far, nothing. No one except the teacher's seem to know where she had gone to.

Jaewon hadn't informed him, the rest of TXT, or even Beomgyu who was, surprisingly enough, not very worried about her.

Choi Beomgyu was simply occupied. What being popular really meant was starting to come upon him and he was starting to wonder if he was doing something wrong.

He wasn't very communicate with the popular kids anymore and he wondered why. Jisoo still talked to him although he found her to be a bitch and she was still not with Kai.

In all honesty, Beomgyu barely noticed Jaewon's absence.

Why? Because he barely spent time with her anymore.

Sure, they would come to school together but she would talk to Soobin as well then. Sure, they had classes together, but the teacher was trying to make them learn stuff and not let them talk. Lunch was the only place they could have talked freely but he always left her during that time.

It was his fault, deep down he knew it. But what could he do? Ditch everyone and stick with her even when being popular was his life goal?

No thank you!

❅ ❅ ❅

Choi Jaewon trudged home tiredly, nearly tripping on a rock as she headed back towards the place she hated most.

Well, second most.

Hospitals were always the place she hated as she had spent a lot of time there crying over her mother's body. Now, she had to cry over her father's.

Life sure is great

Rolling her eyes, she pushed her key into the lock but when it didn't budge, she kicked down the door.

"OH!" came a gasp and she immediately grabbed nearest thing she could find, a flower pot with a dead plant, and held it firmly against the direction of the sound.

"Chill, it's just me!" a familiar voice gasped again before he stepped into the light.

At the sight of Choi Yeonjun, Jaewon dropped the plant pot, flinching as it nearly crushed her foot in the process.