29

Choi Jaewon was miserable.

When she had come home after being sick last year, her father had taken care of her the whole week, only drinking a little as he claimed 'I need some to stay sane' but now? Jaewon's father was addicted, he couldn't stop drinking and he was taking it to an extreme level.

He had hit her yesterday when she refused to buy him another bottle of alcohol.

She noticed how his eyes immediately filled with regret and guilt but did not apologize and instead drank more, walking away and cursing about how ungrateful she was.

The other day, her boss yelled at her for coming in late and then complained saying that she was 'mean to customers' and couldn't continue working if she kept it up.

He removed some money from her paycheck but not because she was 'acting up' but because he needed some more money for himself.

This made Jaewon furious as she needed the money to support herself and her alcoholic father but she forced herself to keep quiet.

You might think, hey she has friends and Beomgyu but...

Although TXT was there for her, Jaewon just felt herself becoming a little distant. It's not like she wanted to, she just couldn't help it.

As for Beomgyu, the amount of popularity he had was long gone into his brain and there was no coming out. Beomgyu genuinely cared about the girl but to him, popularity came first.

As the days went by, Jaewon found herself becoming and feeling like the cold and mean girl she used to be.

She was annoyed, frustrated, angry, and tired and she had absolutely no idea how to cope with it all.

Choi Jaewon felt lonely

She was lonelier than ever. She missed her mother and she missed the time when everything was fine in her life.

She had no family, she had no love, what did she have?

But despite being exhausted, she continued to work hard. She continued to study, she continued to support Beomgyu and her dad, she continued to stay nice.

That is, until her father was hospitalized.

and then Jaewon broke.