42

Rain poured down heavily from the sky as the few people who were here stood still, large black umbrellas covering their head and preventing them from getting wet

Choi Jaewon didn't have an umbrella but even if she did, she wouldn't bother pulling it out. 

A tear raced down her already wet cheek as she looked up at the dark sky. 

She used to love rain so much. She used to feel so happy every time it rained. It used to make her feel relaxed and free. 

but now?

A bitter feeling crept up onto the girl as she looked back down at her father's grave where the soil was getting damp. 

'I hate rain' she thought to herself, pushing back her short brown hair.

I hate everything 

The girl turned around, first person to walk away as the funeral for her desceased father ended. 

I hate funerals.

She had been to 2 now. 

"Jaewon!" she heard Soobin's voice yell but didn't bother stopping.

I have to get out of here 

She didn't want to be under the rain any longer. She didn't want to see pitiful faces anymore. She didn't want to see her father's grave that reminded her he was really gone. 

Standing in front of the road now, she held her arm out to call a taxi and sighed in relief when one stopped. 

Getting inside, she caught sight of the TXT members just as Soobin yelled her name again. They tried to catch up to her but the taxi already started.

Jaewon's eyes met Yeonjun's pained ones for a brief second before she fell back against the car seat and closed her eyes, breathing heavily. 

The driver of the car looked up, noticing at Jaewon's wet and depressed figure through the mirror.

"Where to miss?" he asked, deciding not to ask if she was okay. 

❅ ❅ ❅

After a long and emotionless drive, Jaewon finally arrived at her house. 

She paid the driver and then stepped into her empty house, taking off her shoes as a lonely feeling sunk into her chest. 

The girl walked forward and into the living room to find a large parcel on the centre table. Having nothing better to do, she sat down in her wet clothes and started to untie the parcel, desperately trying to ignore how truly scary it felt to be alone in her house. 

Her hands froze when her eyes caught sight of a box with a envelope on top. 

'For you from you father' It read

Jaewon's eyes teared up as pain seared across her. With shaking hands, she opened the letter and unfolded it, unprepared but still ready to read it. 

Dear Jaewon,

My beautiful and talented princess, you won the dance competition didn't you? When you told me you and your blue haired friend were going to dance together, I felt overjoyed. You are finally going to dance again!

Also, the blue hair boy, Yeonjun was it? He looks like he's in love with you my girl. You should probably tell him you love him too ( I know you do so don't deny it! )

And your new friends? My gosh they're amazing! Especially that Soobin kid. Don't worry, he took good care of me and kept me entertained while you were gone. 

One more thing before this letter ends.

Jaewon sing again. 

I know you don't want to and I know it makes you think of your mother but please, sing again.

You deserve to be happy my sweet daughter. You deserve to show the world how amazing you are. Don't restrict yourself anymore. Your mother would want you to sing. 

I know I wasn't a good father after your mother left but I'm ready now. I promise I will do my best to take care of you. I swear I'll stop drinking too! 

How about this, when you come back, I'll take you to watch a horror movie with me, just like old times! I'll buy you your favorite cookies and cream ice-cream too! Oh, and one more thing!

Could you sing to me one last time?

Love,

Your father

With a strangled sob, Jaewon dropped the letter, falling down as tears started streaking down her face.

Why now? Why did he die when everything was going so well?

Jaewon grabbing her hair and hit her head against the couch. There was so much pain in her, she couldn't breath. She started crying, harsh choked sobs caught in her throat. 

How could the world have taken so much from her?

First it was her mother, then it was her friends, and then it was Beomgyu and now, her father.

It wasn't fair!

Jaewon threw the letter which peacefully floated down. Anger filled her as she stared at the drifting paper before she stood up and kicked the table. 

Letting out a shout of fury, she started throwing everything she could find, breaking many things and messing around the house. Glass shattered around her as Jaewon's hands started bleeding but the girl didn't care. 

She didn't care about anything anymore.