7

Gasps, whispers, and stares were the only thing students offered to Choi Beomgyu when he came to school on Monday

Gasps, whispers, and stares were the only thing students offered to Choi Beomgyu when he came to school on Monday. After selecting a fashionable outfit that took an hour, Beomgyu had finally come to school ready to be a popular kid. So far, it was going great. 

He was receiving so much attention and so many envious looks, he felt weird. This was what Beomgyu had always wanted, to be popular and for students to love him. 

"Hey! Are you new?" someone asked and Beomgyu turned around to see the guy who had bumped into him nearly 2 weeks ago. 

That popular guy surrounded by friends and girls. 

"No. I joined 2 weeks ago? I'm Beomgyu." he quickly introduced himself and held his hand out, really hoping the guy would shake it. 

"Beomgyu huh? I'm Kai." the guy replied and they shook hands, much to Beomgyu's pleasure. 

"Join us for lunch yeah?" Kai winked before turning around and heading to whatever class he had. 

Beomgyu had enough sense not to start screaming but on the inside, he was cheering. This is what he had always wanted and after so long, he finally got it! Beomgyu practically skipped to his first class as he thought about lunch excitedly. 

Choi Jaewon walked into campus feeling really tired. Although usually savouring her sour lollipop helped, her dad had been a little bit crazy last night and things had gotten a bit violent. No lollipop could help ease that pain. As weird as it was, all she wanted to do was sit down with Beomgyu and watch him bother her. 

She didn't realize it before, but she had a whole 24 hours to think about it. Beomgyu distracted her from the pain the felt in her life. Beomgyu showed her a different side of the world which she hadn't seen since her mother passed away. 

All of a sudden, Jaewon felt like writing a song. She didn't know why and she didn't want to think why, but she pulled out a random notebook and a black ballpoint pen and started writing at once. As she wrote, she envisioned the emotions she was feeling and expressed them in short lines of poetry, scribbling them onto her paper. Not knowing how the harmony of the song would be like, she hummed a cute melody and matched its rhythm to the lyrics that she had written. 

Finally, she was writing again. She loved the sensation of her brain twisting feelings into words, it reminded her of how she used to write music with her mother. 

Jaewon thought of Beomgyu as she wrote. She thought of his goofy smile, dumb humour, hidden visuals, every single thing about him that she had unknowingly observed the past two weeks. She wrote about how he bothered her and how she secretly learned to love it. She wrote about how the attention made her feel like it was okay to be with people. She wrote about every single thing she felt from the moment she had met that idiot. 

Maybe Jaewon did like Beomgyu.