47

Disappointment 

"You are to return to classes per normal and attend detention everyday after school or else you will be faced with consequences." Jaewon said out loud, already rolling her eyes before she finished the sentence.

Her plan to get expelled had failed. 

She closed her phone and put it down on the table. Her head fell onto her hands and she let out a load groan. The sound of her voice echoed around the empty house causing Jaewon to look up and around with wide eyes. 

She shivered before getting up and trudging upstairs to her room to sleep. Once she made it to her bed, she plopped down and closed her eyes, hands naturally clasping around her mother's necklace. 

"I miss you..." she whispered out loud to no one in particular. 

To be honest, Jaewon didn't know who she was saying this to. 

Her mother? 

Her father?

Or the boy she liked, Yeonjun?

❅ ❅ ❅

Choi Jaewon had changed once again by the time she had come back to school.

Emotions she had thought were gone had resurfaced and now she couldn't bear do anything, she couldn't feel anything except unhappiness and anger.

Her father passing away had been her ultimate breaking point.

There was too much loss in her life now, too many things she didn't have in her hands anymore. There was so much leftover feelings that were all coming back into her and she couldn't handle it. She couldn't stop it from happening. All the fear and hate, it was too much.

For the first time since they had broken up, Jaewon longed for Beomgyu, the first person who had actually come to her by choice.

She longed for his sweet smile and comforting touch but then cursed at herself for even thinking about it.

She had been the one to break up with him. She was the reason they weren't together anymore.

Jaewon had pushed Beomgyu away even after he had apologized and asked for a second chance.

"Jaewon!"

The girl didn't even bother to turn around at the sound of her name and made no effort to stop, much less slow down. She continued to walk, purposefully ignoring the familiar voice of Choi Yeonjun, the boy her heart truly wanted.

❅ ❅ ❅

"Is she here today?" Taehyun asked, voice a little low as he stared at the entrance of the cafeteria.

Soobin followed his gaze and let out a sigh as he understood what the younger was doing.

"I don't know. She hasn't talked to me since last week when she came to school. Technically, she didn't even talk to me that day." he replied.

A chorus of 'same' echoed around the table as the TXT members glanced at each other.

"She came to school today..." Yeonjun muttered, trailing off.

The blue hair male was laying on the cafeteria table, a second lunchbox in front of him unopened as he played around with a random pencil. His eyes were half closed and all he could feel was remorse and longing.

The TXT members glanced at once another again, heartbroken by the sight of their friend who had been like this for a while now.

"There she is!" came the sudden voice of Huening Kai causing Yeonjun to jolt up from his seat and frantically look at the entrance.

Taehyun, who was next to Yeonjun, flinched before catching sight of the girl they had all been thinking about.

An emotionless expression remained on the girl's face as she stood in line holding a yellow plastic tray.

She didn't even spare a glance towards the waiting boys.

Yeonjun stood up, ready to give her his lunch box but froze when Soobin grabbed his hand, preventing him from moving any further.

The blue hair male glanced down at the younger boy who shook his head, eyes almost pleading.

"I think she wants to be alone."

Yeonjun sat back down annoyed and wanting nothing more to be with her. Everyone watched Jaewon in silence, eyes flashing small signs of surprise when she scowled at different students and shoved people to leave the cafeteria.

When she had left, they all looked at each other before sighing, not for the first time today.

"I guess she's not sitting with us..."

No one noticed Choi Beomgyu leave his popular table and follow her.