36

Choi Jaewon opened her eyes and smiled when she noticed her father sleeping peacefully.

Standing up, she stretched a little before walking outside to go to the bathroom.

After Jaewon had her sleepover with TXT, everyone felt their relationship become a bit better since they had all opened up to each other.

Jaewon had told them about her mother, her singing, her dreams, her father. She told them why she had been mean to everyone and why she had completely given up on her grades.

Yeonjun had also ended up telling everyone exactly what his parents used to do to him and about his uncle since the members didn't seem to know about that part of his story yet.

Taehyun then also spoke and the group learned about how lonely he actually used to feel before everyone showed up. Despite the fact he had a rich family, he wasn't as happy as you would expect.

Huening Kai also talked about how he felt restricted a lot because of how much control his mother had over him. The maknae's father was barley home as he worked all the time and so his mother naturally felt a need to keep Huening close.

Soobin seemed to be the only person with a normal life and with normal problems.

As it was Saturday the next day, Jaewon had eaten breakfast with them ( the maids cooked ) and then she left for the hospital, refusing for be accompanied by anyone.

She spent the rest of Saturday with her father, talking to him and catching up as her father seemed to be getting back to his old self.

"Jaewon!"

At the sound of her name, Jaewon spinned around, heart soaring only for it to crash as she saw who it was.

"How did you even know I was here?" Jaewon shot, glaring at Beomgyu who had just showed up, panting.

Why was I waiting for Yeonjun?

"I...I just saw you!" he stuttered, still panting.

With a start, Jaewon remembered how close Beomgyu actually lived from here and cursed at herself for not remembering sooner.

"I was buying groceries for my mom and then I saw you here!" Beomgyu quickly explained, finally recovering from his 'run'.

Jaewon rolled her eyes. She didn't want to hear anything from Beomgyu at the moment. The image of him and Jisoo kissing was still stuck in her head, flashing in front of her eyes everytime she thought of him.

"Are you okay? I mean, why are you at a hospital?" Beomgyu asked, eyes flashing concern.

Jaewon couldn't determine whether it was fake or real but she didn't care.

"I'm fine." she replied coldly.

They stood in silence for a few seconds and Beomgyu stood up straight.

"Can I explain myself? Please-"

Jaewon turned around and walked off, not bothering to listen to Beomgyu.

Choi Beomgyu wasn't used to being treated like this by her. Yes, when they had first met she had been like this towards him and everyone else but once they started dating, she was so much more warm and open. He hadn't seen this side of Jaewon in a long time.

"Jaewon, wait!" he called, grabbing onto her wrist before she left.

"Let go."

Her voice was full of bitterness, Beomgyu's heart broke.

"Please, just let me explain myself." he asked, pleading the girl.

Jaewon pulled her wrist out of Beomgyu's grasp and stood straight.

"You have 30 seconds." she said and crossed her arms.

"What-"

"30."

Beomgyu stared at her.

"29."

"Ok okay wait!" he rushed, trying to say everything at once.

"28."

"I didn't want to kiss her!" he started off.

"27. I didn't see you push her off." Jaewon replied.

"26."

"No no please! I didn't push her off becuase-

"23."

"Jaewon listen to me!" Beomgyu finally snapped, grabbing her shoulders.

Jaewon pushed them off at once, not wanting any contact with Beomgyu.

At the action, Beomgyu frowned but really he understood why she did it.

"Why should I listen to you? You were the first person I ever liked and you did this?!" she yelled at him and he flinched.

"Why so silent now huh? Explain to me. Tell me why you did this. Tell me why you followed me around for so long if you were just going to break my heart in the end!"

Jaewon was breathing heavily, eyes shooting daggers at her former lover.

"I..I did for popularity." Beomgyu quietly muttered, finally speaking.

Silence

"I can't believe you." Jaewon scoffed feeling a rush of anger.

"Popularity is everything to you, isn't it? I bet you can't live without it." she spat at him, the word 'popularity' containing the most negative tone.

Beomgyu looked down at his shoes, head bowing in shame.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." he whispered, eyes tearing.

Jaewon's eyes teared a little as well but she refused to show him that.

"Sorry isn't going to change anything. I...I hate you!" with those words said, the girl turned around and left, too quickly for Beomgyu to stop.

Beomgyu stared at the empty spot where Jaewon had been standing.

He really screwed up this time

He turned around, tightly holding the bag full of groceries as his mother had requested and heading towards his house.

He was mad at himself.

Beomgyu was mad at himself for breaking her heart and mad at himself for only thinking of becoming popular.

All Beomgyu ever wanted was to avoid being bullied. He didn't want to be beaten up everytime he came to school, he didn't want to live in fear, he wanted to like going to school.

Popularity was his solution.

Popularity was how he could avoid all of the torture he constantly felt the other kids give him. Instead of being bullied, he would bully.

But then Jaewon came along in his life and she showed him that he didn't need to be popular to be happy in school.

He could have simply stayed with her, he could have been better friends with TXT. Everything would have been great for him if he hadn't focused so much on being popular and instead focused on what he already had.

Now she was gone. The first person who he truly ever cared about, gone.

and it was all his fault.