38

"So what song should we do?" Yeonjun asked, opening youtube on his ipad

"I'm not exactly sure but I kinda want to do an english song." Jaewon replied as she crossed her legs.

They were sitting in the school dance room together during lunch. Since everyone else was out eating, they decided that they could pick a song now, learn the dance, and get ready to perform it in 2 months when they leave for Busan.

Although Jaewon knew she had to work extra in her part time job again to get the money, Yeonjun's words on how she shouldn't give up on what she liked was stuck in her head. She would earn the money and she would dance.

For her mother.

"How about this?"

After browsing through many songs for about an hour or so, the pair finally found one they liked although it did require some...skin contact.

"It's okay, it's meant to be a duet dance anyway." Jaewon said, standing up.

Yeonjun followed and packed his belongings before they both headed out.

"Let's meet tomorrow to start learning the moves." Yeonjun said.

"Your house?" she asked and the male nodded.

❅ ❅ ❅

The next two months went by very quickly.

Jaewon and Yeonjun practiced their dance together almost every day, taking turns at each other's houses to practice. Both were very quick learners and so they had the dance memorized in a week and were practicing it as much as they could.

Although there were a few moments when both were flustered due to the 'skin contact' in the dance, they were still able to learn and progress quickly.

Jaewon worked extra hard. Part time job every day after dance practice, taking care of her father in the hospital every Sunday, and keeping up with all her school work. But, somehow she managed it all thinking of Yeonjun's words about her mother.

"Your mother would want you to be happy."

A small blush appeared on Jaewon's cheeks as she thought of the blue hair weirdo.

She was thinking about him really often these days.

❅ ❅ ❅

Before they knew it, Jaewon and Yeonjun were on the flight to Busan. They were sitting together among the other contestants including Beomgyu and Jisoo who were 2 seats behind them. The rest of TXT had decided they would come the day before the performance as the trip in Busan lasted a whole week to see sights, practice some more, and then eventually perform with the other schools.

Soobin had promised Jaewon he would take care of her father and Taehyun promised to help her with her school work in case she missed something so Jaewon didn't have many worries.

The only thing she had to worry about was winning.

"Let's not practice today. I'm tired." Yeonjun muttered, shifting positions as he faced.

She rested her head against the flight seat and offered a small smile.

"Let's just sleep all day then." she said and she chuckled.

A few seconds of silence passed with the two staring at each other, eyes occasionally fluttering as they were sleepy. They had to get up early to come to the airport.

"I'm glad I'm doing this with you." Jaewon finally muttered before falling asleep, leaving a bright pink blush on the blue hair weirdo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Short chapter, I know )