Birthday

• • • • •

"Where did you say to meet you?" Miku asked into her phone, with a confused look on her face. Her head turned left and right, having no idea where she was.

"Just stay there! I see you." Kendo exclaimed through the phone, making Miku jump a little.

Kendo was just up the road when she saw her black haired best friend. Miku had put her phone into her brown cardigan and shoved her hands in. Kendo, in her denim jacket and dress, sped up to a brisk run towards her. With a bright smile and loud call, "Kimu-chan!"

"Kendo!" Miku replied waving at her, also jogging up to her as well. When they met in the middle, they gave each other bone crushing hugs. "You look great."

"You too~" Kendo complimented back at her. They linked their arms together and Kendo started to lead themselves back up the pavement she came from. "So how did your internship go?"

"It was great, did a lot of quirk training. I even got a chance to go on patrols." Miku summed up, "How about you?"

"Oh it was.. interesting I suppose haha." She sheepishly replied, with an awkward smile. Kendo thought back to the week Momo and her would watch Uwabami go to photo shoots. "It was mostly just modelling things. And Yaoyorozu from class A was there too."

"That sounds good, public appeal matters if you want to get into the top ranks." Miku noted as it was a common factor in ranking heroes. "I wonder how the others are, everyone so busy to text on the group chat."

"Yeah, but we'll see them tomorrow. Then it's back to school work." Kendo said, the last part trailing off quietly.

The two took another turn, and they approached a line of houses, one where Kendo lived in. Miku and Kendo continued to talk, but more about Miku's birthday that was happening tomorrow, Monday, 26th of May. During the time they first met and found out about each other's birthdays, Miku was very open to the fact she never had a birthday party. And she never cared for having one either - it was just a reminded that she was born into the world and getting older.

"And here we are!" Kendo presented the brown slick door of her house.

To Miku, she compared it to the foster home, it was slightly bigger but still gave the homely feel that welcomed her in. Digging her hands into her denim jacket, she took out her keys and fiddled them into the door.

As she opened the door, she let Miku in before letting herself after. Miku took off her shoes at the entrance and Kendo quickly closed the door. To keep Miku occupied, she handed her a spare pair of slippers. She discretely gave a thumbs up around the right corner, towards the living room. Whilst doing so, she dug her hand back into her pocket and pulled out a party popper.

"You have a nice house, Kendo." Miku said, slowly shuffling herself out of the genkan, she looked to the left.

"SURPRISE!!"

A bang. Countless cheering. Miku snapped her head towards the right, the noise startling her. It was as loud as a gunshot and she felt ready to attack.

Confetti, cake, party poppers, balloons, pizza. Everything that a party needed was revealed by all nineteen of her classmates. Scanning from right to left, all of class B was there, smiling back at her after the confetti attack. Miku was covered in gold sparkles and confetti whilst some streamers gently landed on top of her head. Sen and Yui both filmed her reaction and couldn't help but laugh seeing Miku struggling to get the paper out of her hair.

"G-Guys.." Miku muttered out, bringing her hands over her mouth in shock. The feeling was overwhelming, and her eyes started to blur, "You didn't have to–"