Prep

• • • • •

Between lessons and other remaining activities, each student from every department of each year had come to a final decision on what they were doing for the festival. The remaining time they had was to start putting things together, practicing or rehearsing. Occupying much of Class B's free time were the script writing and stage prop making for their production. After her supplementary lessons, Miku would go back to the dorms, complete any homework, then help out with the play.

Which sadly meant Miku couldn't play much of a big part in the production - though in turn, she would definitely prefer being part of the crew rather than the cast.

"Kimu-zawa's back!" Kamakiri announced with a yell, as she walked through the door. Unanimously, those in the living room had greeted her in and she did the same. Before going to her room, she snatched a light snack of a packet of crackers.

After taking the elevator up to the second floor, Miku pondered along the corridor to her room. Upon opening her door, she dropped her bag by her desk, booted up her PC and turned on her monitor. She then quickly leaned backwards to plop onto her bed - staring right into her beige ceiling. Resting there for a few seconds, she removed her blazer when she got back up to change. Getting into a pair of jogging pants and zipped black jumper, she tied her hair into a low ponytail. As she sat down onto her swivelling chair, she brought her legs up to sit cross-legged. And as she was about to lean over to her bag, there was a small buzz on her desk, made from her phone.

Looking over, she checked the notification. Reading it, she sent a smiley face and thumbs up. Going through her computer apps, she found the video caller and waited for him to join. Reaching for her headphones, she plugged them in and put them on - one ear clear.

"It's been a while since we've done this, huh?" She said, proceeding to reach into her bag to resume her routine tasks. She noticed how he uncovered his camera, so she did the same. Taking the crackers she took, she opened them and munched on one.

"Yeah... But that's mostly because you're either busy or you don't want to hang out with me anymore." He replied, furrowing his eyebrows with a secret pout.

"Oh, you're so dramatic, Hitoshi." She teased, shaking her head with a grin, "We literally just had lunch together."

"Yeah, but still. You've got to admit you're very busy with everything going on." He said, with genuine concern and a head tilt of reason. "I barely see you anymore. But I don't blame you."

"I know, but there's not much I can do about that. I think so, anyways." She replied with a deep exhale, dampening her somewhat cheery mood. But she sat back up, pulling a pencil out with a sly smile, "Enough of that. Let's start studying so we can get you into the hero course quicker and we can hang out more!"

"Eager, aren't you?" Shinsou replied, sharing the same grin as he grabbed one of his textbooks out. But just as they were getting into study mode, he spoke up again, "I have an idea! So, do you have any mini tests coming up soon?"

"Hmm..." Miku hummed, trying to figure out if there were any upcoming things her teachers have told her about. "I think we're having a maths practice test on Wednesday."

"Alright, me too. So, whoever gets a lower place or score has to treat the other one out." He proposed, pointing his pen towards the screen as he noticed the idea peaked her interest. "How does that sound?"