Escape

"Mr Aizawa, you have a visitor."

Perching his head towards the hospital door, there stood the President of Class 1-B, reserved as per usual. Her hands were in front of her, holding a small wad of papers which her fingers traced, quite obviously nervous. "Apologies for showing up without any warning, Aizawa-sensei." She said, bowing her head.

"No need for that, Kendo." Shōta brushed off, waving the girl in to sit on the chair near his hospital bed. "What seems to be the problem?"

"I have something for you..." Kendo announced, handing the items in her hands towards the teacher. "They're from Miku."

"Hm?" He hummed, accepting it into his hands. Gazing down on the papers, he realised they were envelopes, all addressed to him. It felt like déjà vu when holding, what he assumed to be, around five letters.

"She told me to give them to you when... When a situation like this happens." Kendo carefully repeated, as if reciting Miku's words clearly. "That's all..."

"Thank you, Kendo."

Kendo quickly left, needing to get back to training which started soon. Shōta didn't pay mind to her rush; he knew that those students were working overtime to get Midoriya back and train for what they anticipated to be a possible second war. What he didn't expect was something that was left by his younger sister. And something so plentiful. While most of the envelopes were relatively thin, there were some that could burst at the corners. They were even numbered at the top right corner. 'She's always so cryptic...' Shōta thought, as he took the first one in his hands, placing the rest down on his lap.

Upon opening the envelope, he unfolded the letter, tilting his head at the first line.

'Dear Shōta...?'

• • • • •

"I do trust her." Nighteye reassured, quickly glancing down at the woman who stared hardly at the two. He could feel the apprehension burning in her eyes, and she wasn't even looking at him. "Nakahara is a skilled doctor with a special quirk that could bring your daughter out of this limbo between life and death."

"But how do you know that it will?" Akaru questioned. "What if she's not what she says she is?"

"It's not a matter of knowing, Oguro," He stated, coolly, "and I highly doubt they'd let someone even within an arm's length of your daughter considering her current state."

Noticing the fidgeting and uneasy swaying, Nighteye could tell his words and rationale possibly went through one ear and out the other. "I know you're scared, I, too, want what's best for your daughter. But she's a strong person."

"She really is..." She grinned, as she admired Miku from afar.

Each feature of her 16-year-old was unpredictable to Akaru. The last time she saw Miku was when she was only a toddler. A struggling 3-year-old that did her best to protect her feeble mother from a villain. She spent her last moments dreaming about what her daughter would look like all grown up. It was unmistakable that she took after the latter's dominant features. The gleam of her black hair; the flecks of the various shades of grey; the slightly fair skin that had a radiant tint as the beach's sunset blessed over the four. Even if she took many features of her father, she still took after her. Miku had her brighter, upturned eye shape that creases whenever she would smile; the slightly heart-shaped face; the button nose that had just a slightly high nose bridge. Miku wasn't an exact replica of what Akaru imagined during her last moments. Nevertheless, she was beautiful and even more. Having this chance to see her as a teen was more than enough for her.