Last Round

Miku's POV

"Now— START!"

I was very focused down at Bakugou's and Todoroki's match. Believe it or not, I was really anticipating this. Just something about this match up really intrigued me; they were both powerful people with some of the most amazing quirks too.

I noticed Todoroki slamming his hand down to the ground. Shards and sheets of ice had shot out and bolted its way towards Bakugou. My eyes widen like before at the magnitude of the ice. It wasn't as big as the one during Sero's match, but damn that's deadly. Even though Bakugou tried to blast the ice away, he was still engulfed by it. How did that not impale him?

"Todoroki gets a blow in right away!" Present Mic noted, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I instantly knew who they were. I leaned back into my chair and bent my head back to look up. Their fringe dangled a bit and they gave me a grin.

"I see you're fine now." Monoma smugly said, in which I internally roll my eyes. I shook my head with a small smile and flicked his forehead, making him flinch, "K-Kimura!"

"Pfft-" I muffled a tiny laugh and I returned my head back to it's normal position, "Well, Recovery Girl is great at what she does."

"You got that right... So–" He mumbled out. There was a large explosion from the stage and I knew Bakugou had broken out of the ice. I turned to face Monoma, listening to what he had to say. "How do you know that Shinsou guy?"

"Shinsou? Oh, he's just a friend from the general course." I simply stated, that was one thing I wondered when I was getting healed – what happened after they had left. I don't really expect them to start a conversation but I'm curious whether they became acquainted. "Why'd you ask?"

"I was just wondering. You two seemed close." He wasn't smirking anymore, he seemed more dismissive. Paired with his crossed arms, he looked very intimidating. But his expression soften a little, "Anyways– Well done on your match against Mr. Blasty. Though you should've just used your time freeze, you could've easily won against everyone."

"Pfft— Blasty–" I quietly snorted, turning back to hide my grinning state. Todoroki was skating along his ice, as if he made his own little slide. Bakugou was ready to blast one right in Todoroki's face, "Yeah I know. But I'm weary about using it."

"Well, next time we're against Class A. Make sure to win—" The tone in his voice felt weird. He was encouraging but demanding. There is a definite fine line between those two concepts yet he's able to cross the boundaries really easily. "What I mean to say is.. Let's win togeth—"

"TODOROKI!" From the other side of the wall, Midoriya had interrupted Momoma with his yelling. It startled me because of how loud he was— I'm not surprised that Todoroki heard it, jeez– "DON'T LOSE! DO YOUR BEST!"

"E-Eh?!" Todoroki is losing? Snapping back into the action, I indulged myself right back in.

Just like that, Todoroki's fire had spiralled out and Bakugou was soaring along the battle stage. My eyes went to saucers as Bakugou had started to spiral like Sen's quirk. Holy crap— He can literally manipulate his quirk to do whatever he wants, how cool..

I kept my eyes wide open, not wanting to miss a single moment. It was only a few seconds when Bakugou was hurling himself towards his opponent; Todoroki kept his hand out, ready to set his opponent ablaze. I tightened my grip on the railing when I didn't see any flames shoot out and the fire had started to diminish. His hand started to lower and I slightly shook my head. Why is he not using his fire? He's going to get blown to smithereens—

"Ice.." I mumbled as Bakugou came into impact with ice and not Todoroki's fire.

But what stunned me the most was how humungous this blast Bakugou had sent. A huge gust of wind blew around us, and the blinding sparks resurfaced again. Once the shaking also stopped, the murky smoke started to dissipate.