Reach Out

• • • • •

"So you're O'Clock's niece, huh? An Oguro, aren't you?"

"LET GO OF MY DAUGHTER YOU ASSHOLE—"

Kicking her right in the gut, he flung Akaru against the wall opposite. While he kept his grip on Miku's neck, she used every single bit of strength her three year old self could muster, and to tug on their hands. Or what she believed to be hands. Screaming and crying, she watched her mother get back up again. Slowly, the man leaned forward with a bloodthirsty grin. Whispering, tormenting, agonising.

"The doctor would be pleased with what I've fou—!"

"LET GO OF HER RIGHT NOW!" Akaru screamed again, after dashing back to the man who held her daughter against the wall.

"OKA-SAN!" Miku cried out, as Akaru was able to punch the man right in the face.

But that only pissed him off. He dropped Miku to the floor. He morphed his one arm making it bigger, ready to pummel Akaru. For the first few punches, she was able to dodge. But even the missed punches had destroyed the alleyway. Until one punch did get her, flinging her to the wall and to the ground. She couldn't handle sitting around anymore, Miku stood back up and trod her way to where they were fighting.

"SWEETY GET BACK!"

"NO— STOP IT! PLEASE!"

• • • • •

"Deku, stop! Calm down!" Uraraka exclaimed, panicking as she caught a glimpse of Miku's hand slowly drop away. Midoriya struggled to answer, but from what Uraraka could hear, he couldn't control what he was doing. Groaning, she looked around to see Shinsou, terrified by what he witnessed, but also afraid about what Midoriya is doing. "SHINSOU! USE YOUR BRAINWASHING TO STOP DEKU!"

Trying not to let this new surging power take over him, he groaned and yelped in pain. Never wanting to hurt anyone, this sudden burst was what he wanted to avoid. With everything he's got left in him, Midoriya yelled out again. Desperate, Uraraka cried out, "SAVE THEM!"

"MIDORIYAAA!" Shinsou yelled, removing his mask entirely, grinning, "LET'S FIGHT AGAIN!"

"MHM—!"

Activating his quirk, the black substance had froze and swiftly returned into Midoriya's wrists. Dropping the act of courage, Shinsou instantly swung to Miku and caught her before she hit the ground. After he landed on the other side of the broken platform he heard a muffled command from Monoma, and looking back up from where he was before, he saw his teammate. After a quick nod, he started to escape away, avoiding any form of confrontation. The Class B team couldn't risk one of their team being captured while they were downed.

"Miku, wake up...!" Shinsou mumbled, as he got as far as he could away from Midoriya. He carefully pushed up her black goggles to the top of her head, placing his forehead against hers, "Please– I'm sorry, I froze on you."

He knows that she's fine, but for some unjustifiable reason, he felt like he was going to lose her. Maybe the fear of that ever happening took over, along with the adrenaline rush of this being his entrance exam to the Hero Course. But, this was a reality he would face at some point – losing someone close and continuing in their honour.

Though this was a training exercise. She's fine.

"I'm gonna go in—" Vlad King stated, concerned with Miku's condition after witnessing that all entirely.

"No, it's fine, she's going to be okay. She just fainted, that's all. She'll recover soon." He interrupted, sharply. He wanted to avoid stopping the fight as much as possible, even though he was about to go in and instantly grab his sister away. Not only was that of concern, Midoriya's sudden outburst was on the forefront of the entire faculty's mind.