His Present

"I guess it's my turn" Aizawa handed me a little envelop. I took it gratefully with a bow, "Happy birthday."

"Thank you Aizawa-sensei." I said. I stared at the envelop before caressing my fingertips along the serrated edge. The brown envelope had my name in some fancy cursive writing. I took a glance up seeing Aizawa look at me intently. I didn't think he would get me a present... I don't know why but this just felt a little awkward. Especially when it's from Aizawa.

"What do you think is in it?" Tsukauchi asked, digging into his back pocket to get his phone.

"I don't really know– Money I guess hah~" I joked, making everyone break a little grin, apart from Aizawa. I returned my attention to the envelop and started to rip the seal open. A letter?

I pulled the white paper out, revealing my name along with some...

• • • • •

« Earlier that morning - 26th May »

He stared at the paper. Sat at his work desk, he scanned through it thoroughly. Again and again. Word after word. He couldn't stop looking at the words, the confirmation. His grip slowly tighten as he placed his elbows onto the table and slouched his back.

"What you got there Aizawa?" Kayama asked, peaking an eye over to the right, where Aizawa's desk was.

As an immediate reaction, on impulse, he folded the paper up and placed it deep into his pocket. He sighed and turned to his old high school friend. He glared a little but his gaze softened at how innocent the question was.

"It's.. nothing Kayama." He calmly answered, grabbing a clean brown envelope from one of his top drawers.

"Oh okay." She pouted and replied in disappointment.

She leaned back in her chair and continued to fiddle along her whip. However, she still kept a close eye on what her friend did. Seeing him take what he was previously reading and placing it into the small brown envelope and sealing it. He flipped it around so the face of where you would put the recipient's name would face him. He stared at it, not knowing whether or not to reach for the pen and write it himself.

"Kayama.." Aizawa gently mumbled under his breath. At the sound of her name she spun her chair to face him.

"Yes?" She said, seeing how he held the brown letter out in front of her. Though he didn't make any eye contact, instead he focused his eyes completely away from her.

"Could you write 'Miku' on it?" He bluntly asked, hoping she wouldn't ask too many questions as to why. Though it wasn't guaranteed that she would.

Seeing how dismissive he was, she just followed what he said. Aizawa was thankful she didn't ask about it and that he'll be able to get it done and over with. She was hesitant about how she would write it, 'Should I do it all fancy and curvy? Slightly scruffy to mimic his? Wait no, that's why he asked me– Well, I guess I'll go beautiful and cursive~' She thought.

Her hand jumbled through her pen pot and she searched for one of her fountain pens. Once she found it, she opened the pen and started to write 'Miku' along the paper. Her handwriting was always neat, but this made it aesthetically pleasing to anyone's eyes. She was thinking of adding a heart before remembering, 'Oh right, this is for Aizawa... But it would be funny if I did–'. Even though she gave it another thought, she decided not to. She didn't know what was in that envelope, it could be an expulsion letter for who knows what.

But it was for Aizawa and she knew not to step over his boundaries. Even when she did it back in high school and now.

To Midnight, Aizawa will always be the shy and stubborn kid in high school. The teen that thought her special hero costume named 'Birthday Suit Style' had some high tech material that's invisible to idiots. The boy who didn't have a single ounce of belief in himself and yet was one of the strongest students in his class. Who needed to learn to smile for his work studies...