1 Year Special

« Forever and Always »

• • • • •

"Mikuu~ Lookie here!" A sweet voice cooed at the sight of her little baby.

Her little one year old giggled, as Akaru started to make a goofy face towards her, leaning close over the table to her daughter's high chair. With a bright smile, Miku placed her mini right hand onto her mother's cheeks, mumbling something Akaru could get, but she knew she said 'mama'.

Akaru returned her face to a smile, using her hand to gently caress Miku's growing short hair.

"Mama loves you, Miku. I'll always love you." Akaru said, placing a kiss on her daughter's forehead, which made Miku squirm.

"Now let's get you fed!"

Immediately bolting up from her position, Miku rose up longingly. It wasn't the first time she had a dream about her mother, but it was the first time she felt like it was a reality. After rubbing her heated face, she lied back down onto her light grey pillow and stared into the darkness of her off-white ceiling. It was still the middle of the night and she felt a little discombobulated and faintly dizzy.

The encounter with her uncle, Oguro Iwao, unlocked quite a few nostalgic memories that she thought to be in her wildest imaginations as to what her mother looked like.

Though this dream felt too real. She could clearly see what she remembered her mother to look like. Her long brown hair, hazel eyes and tanned, yet somewhat fair, skin. Spontaneously, she reached her hand out, mimicking her right hand cupping her mother's face. For a moment, she felt a warmness, which suddenly turned cold and numb for her hand.

She tried to imagine what it would be like to touch her face, like in the dream. What it would be like to see her in real life and not in her fantasy. The images that were ingrained, like the roses on her ring, crossed her mind and that was all she wanted to see. Her subconscious made her so beautiful that it could bring her to tears. But it wasn't the time for that to happen; she was going to visit her uncle again.

'Was it a memory...?' She thought, unable to go back to sleep. Tossing to lay on her right, she stared off into the blank night space of her dorm room, attempting to have the darkness drown her back to sleep.

Even when trying, she just couldn't swim into the deep state of mind. But that was also due to the light that started to dimly omit from her miniature bedside table, where her phone was charging. Pressing the palms of her hands against her eyes, she swiped a tiny amount of drowsiness to focus her eyes on her phone. Squinting at the instant harsh light, it was just a notification from a small channel she followed from overseas.

'Really... Three in the morning?!' Unable to resist, she unlocked her phone and thought about texting, or maybe calling someone. But she genuinely couldn't think of who would be awake at this time. Her neck ached and she pulled a stray pillow from behind her to rest between her chin and shoulder. After letting the notification disappear from her home page, she went to her messages. All but one was offline.

'Why am I not surprised? And why didn't I think about it at first...' She thought, chewing on her bottom lip, before furrowing her eyebrows. Opening the online chat, she wondered whether or not to type something. Before she could even try, said person started to type and send their message.

Across to the building adjacent, he was wide awake, listening to some music in the comfort of his bed. Nothing special, just drowning in the rhythmic sounds while escaping into the very darkness of his room. Though he didn't expect to see his friend active at the current time. 'Why is she awake at this time?' He thought as he typed the same question worded slightly differently.