New Future

• • • • •

"Don't you think Present Mic's a bit extra with the workload this week?" Kendo said, scratching the back of her head exasperatedly. Next to her, Monoma nodded in agreement.

"Really? It doesn't seem like it." Miku replied, with a thoughtful pout.

"Seriously...?" Kendo widened her eyes at her, mouth agape.

"Yeah, but that's because you're good at English. So you can't complain 'bout it." Monoma retorted, sharply shoving his hands into his blazer pockets.

"You know what, I'll take that." Miku shrugged off, as they continued on towards their classroom. Though, something popped into her mind and she rebutted, "But I'm still behind on like three days worth of work and I have supplementary lessons."

"That's completely different—"

"Oi, Knock-Off!" Bakugou called out, rushing quite angrily towards Miku. "I need to talk to you."

"Hmm...?" She hadn't heard that nickname in a while, so upon forward to see a stern look on Bakugou's face she calmly blinked. "Oh, hey Bakugou— Bakugou!"

Impatiently, he had grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her away from her friends. The tug was quite hard, so she nearly lost her balance. Thankfully, Bakugou let herself stand up straight again to properly drag her away. He didn't know where to go, but anywhere private would be fine.

"Hey! Bring Miku back! You Class A—" Monoma yelled out, following their path after seeing Miku in the slightest bit of discomfort.

"No it's fine, Monoma." She calmly said with a half smile. "Go to class without me!"

"What even was that?" Monoma asked, walking back to Kendo irritated. "Interrupting our conversation like that. So rude."

"Not sure... But he genuinely seemed serious." Kendo said, before seeing Monoma progressively get uninterested in what she was saying. Furrowing her eyebrows, she held onto his collar, "Don't you even think about it."

After a bit of pacing, Bakugou released his grip on her wrist. So around the hallways, Miku followed Bakugou. Every so often she'd want to walk beside him, but she knew he probably wouldn't like that. So she did it anyways. Not to aggravate him, but to test how serious the situation was. If he got mad, it wasn't a big of a deal. But if he didn't care, that was saying something about his current attitude.

Doing rounds through UA, they made it to a hallway which had no one completely in it. Which both of them found it strange but as long as they were alone it was fine. They stood on complete opposite sides from each other. Staring at each other.

"So, what's up?" Miku initiated, relaxing her posture against the wall behind her.

"I know about it." He said, knowing that he was extremely vague.

"Um... About what?" She asked in complete confusion, furrowing her eyebrows slightly.

"Deku and All Might." He plainly stated quietly, making it sound like what he unclearly said sound obvious. But hearing the two names come out of his mouth, Miku instantly knew what he was on about.

"I see." She said, unfazed. She gave a slight nod. "When did you find out about it?"

"The nerd gave it away unintentionally and quite obviously, the rest I figured out myself." He explained, "And when All Might retired, I suspected you knew something too. Which both Deku and All Might confirmed."

'Right... We made some awkward eye contact when I went to hug Midoriya.' She though, while nodding understandingly. "So you know it all, as well?"