Chapter 7: A Watchful Eye

Holbrooke POV

Something was different about him. I could see it in his eyes. There was great potential inside of him. Unseen potential. But also potential that could be exploited. If his parents know he is still alive and they know of his abilities it could lead to great consequences. If they mistreated him then they wouldn't use his power for good. We had to keep a close eye on him.

Holbrooke: "I should find him."

I stood up from my desk and walked to the door. No matter what, Y/N would not be in any danger here.

Barbara POV

Hannah had left the dorm for some reason. She said she needed some space. Her face was red. I wonder if she was ok? It was just me and Y/N now which I didn't mind. He was a nice person to be around.

Barbara: "So Y/N, you said you like to read right?"

He turns around and looks at me. He nods his head.

Barbara: "I like to read too!"

Y/N: "W-what kind of books?"

I was about to say that I was into Nightfall but decided against it. I didn't want him to think I was weird for reading them. Even Hannah doesn't know. She would make fun of me.

Barbara: "O-oh you know. Anything and everything."

Y/N: "I-I'm the same. A-anything t-to you know..."

Barbara: "Distract yourself."

He nods his head and looks away. Life at home must have been so hard for him.

Barbara: "Hey... look at me."

He looks back at me, his eyes filling up with tears. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me.

Barbara: "D-don't worry Y/N. That life is gone now. You have a new one here at Luna Nova. With Hannah, Diana and me."

I take my hand and place it under his chin to make him look at me. His face turns red as mine heats up as well.

Barbara: "W-we are here to help you."

My heart beats faster as I look into his eyes. With my hand still on his chin I bring his face closer to mine. I could feel his breath on my face. I had feelings for him. I knew I did. I wanted to be there when he needs me. He was also a very sweet person. I still couldn't believe that he came from a family like that!

Barbara: "Come on Barbara! You can do this! Just kiss him!"

I leaned in closer and hesitantly placed my lips onto his. I saw his face erupt red as I closed my eyes and eased into the kiss. It felt like I was in heaven. I soon brought my lips off and open my eyes. His eyes were wide open and his face was crimson.

Barbara: "Hehe. And I want you to know, that you are loved~."

He opened his mouth to speak but I placed my finger on his lips.

Barbara: "No no! You don't have to say anything yet. I understand this may be awkward but I will give you sometime to properly think. I'm not going anywhere~."

He nods his head and I remove my finger from his lips.

Y/N POV

W-whaaat just happened??? Why did she kiss me??? My head that was already full of so many questions just had a whole bunch added to it. A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts.

Barbara: "Come in!"

The door opened revealing the headmistress.

Holbrooke: "Ah Y/N! Good you're here. I have been looking for you."