Chapter 50: Catching Up

[Y/N POV]

The festival was now a mere two days away and I was still recovering from the shock of my mother appearing again. I was overwhelmed with joy of course, but I just really wished she was here right now.

Lotte: If you need to take a break Y/N then please do. The headmistress even said that you could just watch the festival. I know what kind of position you're in right now.

The three girls I was helping had been telling me this for a while now and each time I would say no.

Y/N: I-I have to help you guys! I-I'm n-not abandoning you three! I-it would just be selfish!

Akko: It's not selfish if you really really need a rest Y/N! You're in such a state of shock that I really think you do!

Y/N: Girls, I appreciate y-you all looking out for me b-but I'm fine! I-I can do this with you!

Lotte: O-ok. J-just remember that we wouldn't mind. If you need some time to just breathe and calm your mind then do it! You're a very hard worker! As soon as we managed to calm you down, you came right back to work!

Y/N: I-I c-can't let the school down and I can't l-let you three down.

Akko: Thank you Y/N! I really wish more people were like you!

Akko pulls me into a hug which I return.

I have a feeling she meant all of the other girls that made fun of her. The ones I tell time and again to stop.

I still need to apologise to Sarah for snapping at her like that. I just hate it when people look down on Akko. She's a human being too and saying all those things about her doesn't help her at all!

To help someone get better, you must support them throughout. It might take time, but I vow to make sure that this girl accomplishes her dream.

Akko: Just please don't get worn out on us Y/N. Things have been crazy since you showed up and you really haven't had a moment to just sit down and chill!

Sucy: Things might have been crazy, but at least you've made this school interesting!

Sucy walks over and hugs me too. It seems that she was getting more comfortable hugging me when the others were too. I hope that this is the case when the other girls are around me too.

I know that Diana, Hannah and Barbara all hug me in a group but I'm meaning when they are hugging me in a mixed group from all the different teams.

I hope that the girls will all grow to put up with each other like this. It would make this whole relationship thing a lot better.

Akko: Come on. Let's take a break! We've done a lot of planning! I think we've got a good idea of what we are gonna do!

Y/N: I-if you're happy then I am!

Akko: Yup! Wanna play another round Y/N?

Y/N: Y-you'll probably beat me, b-but sure!

Akko smiles and goes to her her chariot cards out. It was nice to know that I could enjoy these kinds of moments with my girls.

It made all that I went through worth it!

~

[Akko POV]

Akko: Y/N can I ask you a question?

I took Y/N out of the dorm after we played cards for a while because I just wanted to ask him about everyone else.

Y/N: S-sure go for it!

Akko: You did tell everyone to stop looking down on me right? They didn't all do it on their own accord?