Chapter 37: First Of Many

Y/N POV

Jake: So that fast huh?

Y/N: Yeah I'm honestly kinda surprised to be honest. I didn't think it would literally be just one day!

Tim: Sounds to me she was pressured!

My meeting with the headmistress had now resulted in conversation between the three of us in the cafe.

I did initially think that she wouldn't do anything for a few days, but here we are!

Life is full of surprises!

Y/N: Still, I told her that I would make my own way back. I'll go tomorrow or something.

Jake: It's nice to see that everything has worked itself out nice and quick though! It was hard seeing you in that mood yesterday!

Y/N: Yeah.

I really wanted to go back right this very moment but I was still quite annoyed.

I thought it best to leave it a few more hours and then make my way back.

Something felt slightly off though.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Looks like I had more investigation work to do this afternoon.

Y/N: You two wanna join me in a little investigation?

Jake: What kind?

Y/N: There's something off about everything today. I can't quite get my head around it.

Tim: I would but I've gotta get back. You two should be ok right?

This was going to be a real test.

Now that I was more under threat here on my own with my father about, I had to see if I could protect myself.

And in this instance Jake.

Y/N: Sure. I'll make sure he isn't harmed.

Tim: I know. Just please do be careful. And stick close to each other!

This was all said, but no moves were made for the best part of an hour.

That's when Jakes Dad was called home by his Mum.

Leaving the two of us alone.

Y/N: So do you trust me enough to help me?

Jake: We are best friends! I trust you with my life!

Those words piled so much more pressure onto me.

Without a wand, I was left to only use things available to me.

I don't know how good I am at hand to hand combat but we'll find out!

If we are jumped that is.

I might be getting a slight bit too paranoid.

Jake: Alright then! What are we searching for?

Y/N: I don't know. Something that doesn't belong. That looks out of place.

Jake: Hmmm. Out of place...

I stand up from the table.

Y/N: No use staying say around in here waiting for something to pop up! We gotta get out there!

Jake: True! I'm right behind you!

Back in the streets it was still as busy as ever so seeing something out of the ordinary would be hard as there were too many people about.

Y/N: If anything looks off then just let me know.

Jake nods his head as we begin to walk around the town looking for just anything.