Chapter 16: On the Side

Y/N POV

I was sitting around happily eating a bowl of cereal during a break that we had between lessons today. It might not have been breakfast but I hadn't eaten yet today so it was nice to eat some cereal.

Diana, Hannah and Barbara weren't with me but they said they would be soon. Meanwhile Akko, Lotte and Sucy were sat a few tables across from me. Akko did notice me and waved over and gave me a huge smile. But soon she exploded into another rant.

Akko: Ugh! Why does magic have to be so boring?!

This was basically a common occurrence now.

Akko: Shouldn't they be fun?! I mean come on!

Lotte: Oh Akko this again?

I could sympathise with Akko, the lessons were slightly boring. But even if it was boring sitting there sometimes, going back through the notes you make and reading them, the subjects actually seemed really interesting.

Akko: How did Chariot take classes like this?!

Following this outburst, Diana, Hannah and Barbara walked into the room and walked past Akko's table.

Diana: Like I have said to you before Chariot is a heretic in the world of witches. I can't condone her magic.

I looked off to the side and saw Professor Ursula standing watching this interaction. She seemed saddened at what Diana said.

The three girls walked over and sat down at the table. Hannah and Barbara sat either side of me and hugged my arms. While all this was going on Akko had stormed over to confront Diana.

Akko: Chariots magic isn't wrong! Take that back!

Diana just looks at Akko.

Diana: I shan't. Even if Chariot was right your attitude in class would ruin it.

I hear Hannah and Barbara giggle next to me and Sucy snickering in the background as just sat there eating nearly spitting my cereal out when Diana said that.

Barbara: She's right!

Hannah: You've got some nerve.

They both giggle again.

Barbara: All of this when you can't even ride a broom.

Hannah: Maybe Chariot couldn't ride one either?

I was about to interject but Akko came marching over, rather angry.

Akko: Why you-!

She is stopped by Professor Ursula who stands in between Akko and Diana.

Ursula: Girls! Girls! Whatever is going on over here?

She turns to Akko first.

Ursula: Please Miss Kagari. Calm down!

Akko: B-buuut.....

Ursula then turns to Diana.

Ursula: Do remember that Miss Kagari is still relatively new to all of this.

Diana: Uh huh.

The Professors face then lights up.

Ursula: I know! My next class is recreation! In order to deepen friendships, lets play ball!

~~Time Skip~~

I was sat down on the grass outside near my teammates who were waiting for the court to be set up. They were going to be playing Volleyball. I always liked doing sports at school but here I was happy to just watch.